A.I. Painter Makes Original Mormon Themed Art

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

A.I. Painter Makes Original Mormon Themed Art

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

I just signed up for A.I. Painter at NightCafe and asked it to draw some Mormon themed paintings. The results were less than stellar. I think the A.I. Painter needs a lot of upgrading. Although the Daniel C. Peterson painting was pure gold.

In the style of Arnold Friberg paint a picture of Captain Moroni riding a tapir:

In the style of Pablo Picasso, draw a picture of Mormon apologist, Daniel C. Peterson:

In the style of Frank Frazetta, draw a picture of Joseph Smith in the Sacred Grove:

In the style of Anime, draw a picture of the 3 Nephites:

In cartoon style, draw a picture of Cain in Mormon mythology:
Last edited by Everybody Wang Chung on Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
drumdude
God

Re: A.I. Painter Makes Original Mormon Themed Art

Post by drumdude »

You could make a religion out of this. It’s too bad brother Joseph was born 200 years too early.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:19 am
I just signed up for A.I. Painter at NightCafe and asked it to draw some Mormon themed paintings.
FYI: The URL for "NightCafe" is https://nightcafe.studio/, not nightcafe.com.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Wonhyo
CTR A

Post by Wonhyo »

I don't claim to be much of an incisive critic of the fine arts, but this A.I.-generated stuff really speaks to me.

As for Dan Peterson's A.I.-generated portrait, well, damn. Well done, our soon-to-be robotic overlords.

The real Dan Peterson isn't very artful to behold. Sure, he's a being of eternal value, has hosted several tours with the Cruise Lady, regurgitated a biography of Muhammed, and has mastered the uppity Mid-Atlantic accent in his speech, all of which are noteworthy achievements, but none of which are especially inspirational in an artistic sense.

However, where our mortal vision fails, A.I. can see in the dark and beyond. It has rendered Dan in a way that shows the abstractions of his powerful ego, the delicateness of his human body, the robes of his academic attainment, the marble halls of his profession as a Mopologist. Yes, A.I. has made Dan vulnerable, even frail, an insecure man-baby shaking his rattle (or dowsing rod), someone who is quietly lost in the haze of gourmet-soda, soft middle age.

Thank you, A.I., for seeing through the dark for us.
"There is no path to happiness. Happiness is the path.”