Mike Parker is back from his 1 day break to smear Bill Reel

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Mike Parker is back from his 1 day break to smear Bill Reel

Post by Marcus »

Check out Parker’s spin:
I don't mind getting some pushback from Jonathan Neville now that my real identity has been revealed; in fact, I suppose I should expect it. What's been unexpected, though, are the ludicrously false accusations from ex-Mormon sideshow barker Bill Reel and watching Neville throw in with Reel and other critics of the Church of Jesus Christ.
So, his story is now that because his “real identity as been revealed,” it is causing “ludicrously false accusations from ex-Mormon sideshow barker Bill Reel…” ???

Wow. What a rewrite.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:40 pm
Check out Parker’s spin:
I don't mind getting some pushback from Jonathan Neville now that my real identity has been revealed; in fact, I suppose I should expect it. What's been unexpected, though, are the ludicrously false accusations from ex-Mormon sideshow barker Bill Reel and watching Neville throw in with Reel and other critics of the Church of Jesus Christ.
So, his story is now that because his “real identity as been revealed,” it is causing “ludicrously false accusations from ex-Mormon sideshow barker Bill Reel…” ???

Wow. What a rewrite.
Even with evidence of HIS OWN video conversations, Parker will lie and say the sun is not shining. :lol: "I didn't say that! Well, of course it shows me saying that in the actual video, but I still didn't say that!" :roll:

Parker may very well convince Boylan to say he actually isn't the one who invented poor Richard Nygren. "Well sure, I said so in the video, but that isn't evidence I did it!" :roll:
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

malkie wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:10 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:54 pm
You guys kill me!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Note, as this is in black type, it is not a moderator command. ;)
I think that we could depend on you to punctuate an imperative correctly, and the rest of us to recognize and properly act on one.

Please don't tell me I'm wrong :)
Have you read this site? ;)
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:00 pm
malkie wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:10 pm

I think that we could depend on you to punctuate an imperative correctly, and the rest of us to recognize and properly act on one.

Please don't tell me I'm wrong :)
Do you have a cite? :D
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

malkie wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:57 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:

What a sight! 8-)
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:21 pm
malkie wrote:
What a sight! 8-)
:lol: 8-) Amen!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

malkie wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:
None that are in sight.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Billy Shears, using logic on Parker:
Billy Shears
an hour ago

I'm not suggesting that people should turn the other cheek in all times, in all places, under all circumstances. I'm suggesting that if you disagree with what somebody says in an obscure blog, it might be better to just ignore it. Arguing with him and publicizing the argument added fuel to the fire, drew attention to Neville's blog, and probably made him very defensive about his comments. I don't see why doing that is helpful, much less necessary.

Share ›

Mike Parker > Billy Shears
14 hours ago

In answer to your questions, Billy, please see (and these are just a few examples):
• nevillenevilleland.com/2019/03/the-bizarre-worldview-of-jonathan.html
• nevillenevilleland.com/2022/07/jonathan-neville-continues-assert-church-out-of-the-way.html
• nevillenevilleland.com/2021/12/jonathan-neville-likened-daniel-peterson-to-satan.html
• nevillenevilleland.com/2020/06/the-church-is-big-brother-or-something.html

Share ›

B
Billy Shears >Mike Parker
an hour ago edited

I know you are quite offended with what Neville has allegedly said, but I really don't care about this debate and am not going to read your grievances or take sides.

My question is why you think it is necessary to publicize what Neville has said and to dignify his words with a response? Why is it necessary to add fuel to the fire?

I feel tempted to encourage you to keep fighting with him and encourage Peterson to keep drawing attention to the fight, because I love the spirit of contention. But the truth is I find the whole thing utterly boring and am just interested in the psychology of how you rationalize your behavior as being somehow helpful.

drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Mike and DP are trying desperately to avoid saying “we do it for the drama.”
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Mike Parker LynnJohnson
14 hours ago
Great points, Lynn. As I’ve stated on my blog several time, I have no problem, hypothetically, with the Book of Mormon taking place in the American Midwest; I just find the historical, archaeological, and anthropological evidence to be so meager that I can’t take that proposal seriously until better research presents itself.
Just to clarify here, Parker is now arguing that if the research were "better" he'd be okay with an "American Midwest" Book of Mormon setting???

So... to quote a favorite mopologist strategy,

"you mean, there's a CHANCE????"