Mike Parker is back from his 1 day break to smear Bill Reel

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Re: Mike Parker is back from his 1 day break to smear Bill Reel

Post by drumdude »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 7:00 pm
Given that it's a Mormon apologetics venture, and Mormons aren't supposed to benefit from apologetics, I'd assume he gets paid much less than the national average and sees it as a virtue.

It's more likely that Richard Nygren is real than Boylan has a wife. He is a classic neckbeard incel and as you stated, he might disown deznat with his words, but his behaviors and beliefs align perfectly with them. Given that he is in his mid 30s but looks 55 and lives on the internet I doubt he has many prospects.

His rage seems to be indiscriminate as he accidentally insulted his friend. More interestingly, he makes a bunch of accidental admissions. He exposed his warped views about women and legacies all in one post. He also seems unable to comprehend the possibility that multiple people might not like him, which makes me think he has a warped view of himself and his own behavior.

I'm somewhat close to the situation because I know the Lutheran guy he is trying to dox. It looks like Boylan used Truthfinder in his attempt but he seems to have mixed at least three seperate people's information as far as I can tell. He is a classic example of a keyboard warrior. If he were even confronted in person by the people he abuses he would grovel. Anyone who would dox someone over an internet disagreement is scum.
Sometime ago certain Mopologists associated with FARMS were getting, according to a reliable source on BYU campus, sweetheart loans on cars and homes. So, I don’t know that we can be certain that there are not ways or rewarding these guys that makes their sacrifice for the cause a little more comfy than you might think.

Nothing that I have seen of Mr. Boylan thus far has impressed me. DezNat or not, he oozes alt-right.
You just put up the bat signal for DCP to claim that because he doesn’t own a gold toilet your argument is invalid.
Bill_Billiams
Star B

Post by Bill_Billiams »

drumdude wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 7:10 pm
Kishkumen wrote:

Sometime ago certain Mopologists associated with FARMS were getting, according to a reliable source on BYU campus, sweetheart loans on cars and homes. So, I don’t know that we can be certain that there are not ways or rewarding these guys that makes their sacrifice for the cause a little more comfy than you might think.

Nothing that I have seen of Mr. Boylan thus far has impressed me. DezNat or not, he oozes alt-right.
You just put up the bat signal for DCP to claim that because he doesn’t own a gold toilet your argument is invalid.
It's only a gold colored toilet. Otherwise it would weigh too much to run across country with it.
Bill_Billiams
Star B

Post by Bill_Billiams »

Kishkumen wrote:

Sometime ago certain Mopologists associated with FARMS were getting, according to a reliable source on BYU campus, sweetheart loans on cars and homes. So, I don’t know that we can be certain that there are not ways of rewarding these guys that makes their sacrifice for the cause a little more comfy than you might think.

That's certainly possible. Hiding money and benefits from the average member and the IRS seems to be something the church specializes in.

I haven't been impressed either. Even in his alledged areas of expertise he is just a mopologist equivocating and starting with a conclusion he then seeks desperately to prove. Did you know he goes on Amazon and leaves 5 star reviews on his own self-published unedited books? It's pure unintentional comedy.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Did you know he goes on Amazon and leaves 5 star reviews on his own self-published unedited books? It's pure unintentional comedy.
How funny! I have to check that out. Reminds me of seeing Richard Carrier’s scout rank in his CV.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

You weren’t making it up! He really did 5-star review one of his own books!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Bill_Billiams
Star B

Post by Bill_Billiams »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 9:32 pm
He used to have 5 star reviews on almost all of them but some of them seem to have disappeared. I'm sure he left his 5 star review on his Sola Scriptura book up. That poorly formatted and error riddled PDF is his baby lol.
MsJack
Deacon

Post by MsJack »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 9:32 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Time to fire up ye old Cassius Review of Books?
BA, Classics, Brigham Young University
MA, American Religious History, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
PhD Student, Church History, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
Bill_Billiams
Star B

Post by Bill_Billiams »

drumdude wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 6:53 pm
Remember Boylan claimed he knows who doctor scratch is with 99 percent certainty.

Who is the stalker here?
Hypocrisy has never stopped Boylan. In fact, he might see it as a virtue based on his behavior.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Kishkumen wrote:

Sometime ago certain Mopologists associated with FARMS were getting, according to a reliable source on BYU campus, sweetheart loans on cars and homes. So, I don’t know that we can be certain that there are not ways of rewarding these guys that makes their sacrifice for the cause a little more comfy than you might think.
I guess it was all the other FARMS Mopologists other than DCP?
Daniel Peterson wrote: I learned yesterday on the Peterson Obsession Board that, as an apologist, I may have been given “sweetheart deals” (by the Church or, anyway, by somebody) for my cars and my house. Do I really need to say that I never received any such “sweetheart deals”? Since, in that quarter, I’m presumed to be lying every time my lips move or my fingers type, would it do any good?
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 11:39 pm
Kishkumen wrote:

I guess it was all the other FARMS Mopologists other than DCP?
Daniel Peterson wrote: I learned yesterday on the Peterson Obsession Board that, as an apologist, I may have been given “sweetheart deals” (by the Church or, anyway, by somebody) for my cars and my house. Do I really need to say that I never received any such “sweetheart deals”? Since, in that quarter, I’m presumed to be lying every time my lips move or my fingers type, would it do any good?

In the same breath that he acknowledged this latest vacation is one of the few trips abroad that he has personally paid for and isn’t getting a free ride. That’s like 1/20?