Mike Parker is back from his 1 day break to smear Bill Reel

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: Mike Parker is back from his 1 day break to smear Bill Reel

Post by Kishkumen »

It’s also funny Mike suddenly has a problem with posting a link to this forum, after saying this last year:
Now that DCP is paying closer attention, he has to ape DCP.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:30 am
Pynakker told Richard Nygren that Nygren had misquoted him, and Mike Parker edited the quote.

Instead of correcting the record, when there had been multiple opportunities to do so, Parker chose to play the part of Richard Nygren, whom alt-right Mopolotroll Robert Boylan made up.
Yeah that he won’t accept any responsibility for any confusion on this matter is ridiculous. His overreaction just looks silly. I buy that he was blissfully unaware this was going to blow up on him, and that he saw it as nothing more than poking at heartlanders, but it’s his naïveté that contributed, at the very least. “These mean anti Mormons are attacking me”, he complains. Really, apologize and move on, bro.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

I decided to help Parker out, in the event he reads this. Try this Mike:

Hey everyone, I need to address this once more. After much contemplation I now see how my actions contributed to the ruse that I was a black Latter-day Saint from Alabama. The claim was explicitly made by my friend and I did not in anyway try to correct him. It was incredibly inappropriate all things considered. I naïvely thought it was an innocent ploy to help conceal my real identity and to give a poke at those Latter-day Saints whom I criticize. But I didn’t think about how it might look, or any racial ramifications. It’s no question I’m white and as such I didn’t realize the problem with my actions. I’m encouraging my friends to apologize too. I don’t think they meant any real harm.

Mike, add something about how you respect those of other races and that you have much to learn. Also include how this whole fiasco wasn’t bill reels fault and you’d be set.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

dastardly stem wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:33 pm

Hey everyone, I need to address this once more. After much contemplation I now see how my actions contributed to the ruse that I was a black Latter-day Saint from Alabama. The claim was explicitly made by my friend and I did not in anyway try to correct him. It was incredibly inappropriate all things considered. I naïvely thought it was an innocent ploy to help conceal my real identity and to give a poke at those Latter-day Saints whom I criticize. But I didn’t think about how it might look, or any racial ramifications. It’s no question I’m white and as such I didn’t realize the problem with my actions. I’m encouraging my friends to apologize too. I don’t think they meant any real harm.

Mike, add something about how you respect those of other races and that you have much to learn. Also include how this whole fiasco wasn’t bill reels fault and you’d be set.
That’s solidly said, stem. Did an A.I. assist? :D

But Parker is definitely learning from DCP. The multiple times he was caught plagiarizing, he would focus on some smaller part of the issue, ignore the main points that illustrated his guilt, and then focus on how aggrieved he was. Well, aggrieved to be caught, but the victim spin was always grandiose and dramatic. Parker is following suit.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:21 pm
Well, aggrieved to be caught, but the victim spin was always grandiose and dramatic. Parker is following suit.
Indeed. Always cry persecution and always seek to discredit those who call you out for bad behavior by calling them anti-Mormons.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Marcus wrote:
dastardly stem wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:33 pm

But Parker is definitely learning from DCP. The multiple times he was caught plagiarizing, he would focus on some smaller part of the issue, ignore the main points that illustrated his guilt, and then focus on how aggrieved he was. Well, aggrieved to be caught, but the victim spin was always grandiose and dramatic. Parker is following suit.
Ditto @ DS and on point analysis @ Marcus. One thing I’ve realized about these kinds of Mormon men is a sincere and contrite apology simply isn’t an option. It’s not in their wheelhouse because they’re either wired like sociopaths, or they’ve been brainwashed by Mormon dogma and history. To be frank, I don’t really understand how these dopey muppets get their egotism from Mormonism, but they must really buy off on that whole Kings and Priests and dynastic eternal progeny business, so it translates to dopey doughnuts who can talk out of both sides of their mouths, and never, ever, admit to wrongness or wrongdoing.

Anyway. Mike Parker is a dope. Hands down just a dopey, felt-brained, duplicitous muppet. He should delete his hate blog, and quietly reassume his small life larping at Mormonism in bumblefuck Utah. He, like that pasty Alt-Right DezNat muppet Robert Botlan, had a chance to do the right thing, but they fumbled away their opportunity because they chose the Petersonian way of doing business.

Oh, well. Whatever. It’s their personal and professional lives they’re willing to throw away. *shrugs*

Mike, just so you know. We’re on your ass now. Every time you post dopey BS, it’s going to get reposted here and elsewhere, and YOUR NAME will be associated with it. You could choose to follow Russell M. Nelson’s counsel and get yourself out of this business of devilish contention, or you can build a cross and nail yourself to it in order to larp at being a Mormartyr. Up to you, Peter Pan.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

Mike Parker reminds me of Mike Tannehill on steroids.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:06 am
Is this the entry where “Peter Pan” responds to the inquiry that Pynakker directed to Nygren?

https://www.nevillenevilleland.com/2022 ... e.html?m=1
* I inadvertantly misquoted Pynakker when I posted this blog. Pynakker pointed this out recently, and I’ve corrected the error. (Although, to be honest, I don’t see a qualitative difference between “the hour of Jonathan” and “the Jonathan Neville moment.”) —November 11, 2022.
Just so the salient point does not get buried beneath all the others.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Rivendale wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:58 pm
Mike Parker reminds me of Mike Tannehill on steroids.
Tannehill and Boylan have a lot more in common, it seems to me, except that Boylan has fewer excuses. Parker is the person who chooses to be a Tannehill sidekick, which is pretty sad when you think about it.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:55 pm
Marcus wrote:

Ditto @ DS and on point analysis @ Marcus. One thing I’ve realized about these kinds of Mormon men is a sincere and contrite apology simply isn’t an option. It’s not in their wheelhouse because they’re either wired like sociopaths, or they’ve been brainwashed by Mormon dogma and history. To be frank, I don’t really understand how these dopey muppets get their egotism from Mormonism, but they must really buy off on that whole Kings and Priests and dynastic eternal progeny business, so it translates to dopey doughnuts who can talk out of both sides of their mouths, and never, ever, admit to wrongness or wrongdoing.

Anyway. Mike Parker is a dope. Hands down just a dopey, felt-brained, duplicitous muppet. He should delete his hate blog, and quietly reassume his small life larping at Mormonism in bumblefuck Utah. He, like that pasty Alt-Right DezNat muppet Robert Botlan, had a chance to do the right thing, but they fumbled away their opportunity because they chose the Petersonian way of doing business.

Oh, well. Whatever. It’s their personal and professional lives they’re willing to throw away. *shrugs*

Mike, just so you know. We’re on your ass now. Every time you post dopey B.S., it’s going to get reposted here and elsewhere, and YOUR NAME will be associated with it. You could choose to follow Russell M. Nelson’s counsel and get yourself out of this business of devilish contention, or you can build a cross and nail yourself to it in order to larp at being a Mormartyr. Up to you, Peter Pan.

- Doc

In 2012 he posted a breathless defense of Dan Peterson after the ouster.

https://www.fairlatterdaysaints.org/blo ... -narrative

I don’t think Dan even acknowledged it. And even today he still just calls Mike “an acquaintance.” Mike really wants to be a player in the game.