Mike Parker is back from his 1 day break to smear Bill Reel

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Re: Mike Parker is back from his 1 day break to smear Bill Reel

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:12 pm
TwoCumorahFraud wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:50 pm
Purging Mike Parker?

https://interpreterpeerreviews.blogspot ... arker.html
I can't blame Interpreter for wanting to bury Mike Parker's contributions. Apparently he was happy to use the racist fiction that alt-right Mopolotroll Boylan created for him to hide behind.
If I was Mike Parker I would be upset. It's not like Mike publicly posted images of lynchings with funny/cute captions or anything like that.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:17 pm
If I was Mike Parker I would be upset. It's not like Mike publicly posted images of lynchings with funny/cute captions or anything like that.
He’s really in a quandary. He wants to be “in the game,” but that means cozying up to a crew that has a dodgy reputation. Looks like he wants it both ways. He wants to have the benefit of the insider status, but that means winking at racist behavior. It may not be egregious racist behavior, but it is the kind of middle finger to the sensibilities of those who justly feel aggrieved about the damage they have taken at the hands of pervasive racist policies and sentiments that some “conservatives” are wont to indulge in. I say, steer clear of a whiff of racism, but these guys staunchly stand on their “don’t you have a sense of humor-it’s not really racist” position.

Maybe it’s not such a bad thing that they feel some pressure to abandon that tasteless position.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

The various ways Parker Pan mangles language to avoid acknowledging that his friend said an African American apologist ran his nevillenevilleland blog and he ran with it are pretty amusing:
(For who may not have understood me, I’ve never used the Richard Nygren name or persona online, nor have I ever interacted with anyone who has. If that name or identity has been used on social media, I was not the person behind it. End of story.)
I have never claimed to be nor impersonated someone named Richard Nygren, neither openly nor as a “lurker” on the internet.
I have never claimed to be nor impersonated an African-American or any other person of color.
I have never used a profile or avatar of an African-American nor a person of color on any website or social media site. Any social media profiles of a Richard Nygren are either real people who coincidentally have the same name or fake profiles made by anti-Mormon critics to smear me.
And for a bit of honesty, he admits this, in the final bolded sentence:

This affair merely demonstrates how gullible some anti-Mormons are, how incapable they are of assessing evidence, and how quick they are to libel people with whom they disagree based upon nothing more than rumors and gossip. This was one of the primary reasons that I chose for so long to use a pseudonym on this blog. I have little doubt that, after reading this, my very online critics will claim that I’m still covering up the real story.
:lol:
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

“Mike Parker” wrote: If you personally know Jonathan Neville, please email him a complete copy of this blog post. He refuses to read what he calls my “stupid blog,” so the only way he’ll know how mistaken he is is if you tell him.
Mike, you are taking this way too personally man. It’s embarrassing.

Just take a breath, turn off the computer, and go enjoy spring for a bit with your family. After all, that’s why you said you left the Interpreter Radio Show, right?
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

What's his deal with insisting on invading people's personal spaces?
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:59 am
I would add this to the church leaders as well... funny how dense they all are, for being so "inspired" and all....
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:59 pm
Rivendale wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:58 pm
Mike Parker reminds me of Mike Tannehill on steroids.
Tannehill and Boylan have a lot more in common, it seems to me, except that Boylan has fewer excuses. Parker is the person who chooses to be a Tannehill sidekick, which is pretty sad when you think about it.
Yes.....but no as well... Parker has precious little actual scholarly acumen to be on his own without the training wheels on his pedal Harley from Daniel C. Peterson. Parker can't contribute anything actually significant in either spiritual Mormonism, or intellectual Mormonism. If you don't have it originally, you cannot share it. This we see with copious amounts of evidence continually being streamed by Parker. It is utterly amusing and quite entertaining...
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

drumdude wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:02 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:55 pm
Ditto @ DS and on point analysis @ Marcus. One thing I’ve realized about these kinds of Mormon men is a sincere and contrite apology simply isn’t an option. It’s not in their wheelhouse because they’re either wired like sociopaths, or they’ve been brainwashed by Mormon dogma and history. To be frank, I don’t really understand how these dopey muppets get their egotism from Mormonism, but they must really buy off on that whole Kings and Priests and dynastic eternal progeny business, so it translates to dopey doughnuts who can talk out of both sides of their mouths, and never, ever, admit to wrongness or wrongdoing.

Anyway. Mike Parker is a dope. Hands down just a dopey, felt-brained, duplicitous muppet. He should delete his hate blog, and quietly reassume his small life larping at Mormonism in bumblefuck Utah. He, like that pasty Alt-Right DezNat muppet Robert Botlan, had a chance to do the right thing, but they fumbled away their opportunity because they chose the Petersonian way of doing business.

Oh, well. Whatever. It’s their personal and professional lives they’re willing to throw away. *shrugs*

Mike, just so you know. We’re on your ass now. Every time you post dopey B.S., it’s going to get reposted here and elsewhere, and YOUR NAME will be associated with it. You could choose to follow Russell M. Nelson’s counsel and get yourself out of this business of devilish contention, or you can build a cross and nail yourself to it in order to larp at being a Mormartyr. Up to you, Peter Pan.

- Doc
In 2012 he posted a breathless defense of Dan Peterson after the ouster.

https://www.fairlatterdaysaints.org/blo ... -narrative

I don’t think Dan even acknowledged it. And even today he still just calls Mike “an acquaintance.” Mike really wants to be a player in the game.
Hell, after Brian Hauglid came out to the actual truths the papyri infallibly point to, Peterson treats HIM the same way as well. "Why would I care what Hauglid thinks" Peterson intoned once. Why indeed! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Peterson - Just another chump in the wall.
Last edited by Philo Sofee on Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:34 pm
drumdude wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:02 pm
In 2012 he posted a breathless defense of Dan Peterson after the ouster.

https://www.fairlatterdaysaints.org/blo ... -narrative
Mike Parker disagreed with the Maxwell position that scholastic journals should not be a vehicle for hit pieces. Hit pieces are the bread and butter of guerilla chimp apologetics.

Mormon Apologetics
There, fixed it for ya.....
TwoCumorahFraud
Star A

Post by TwoCumorahFraud »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:26 am
Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:59 pm
Tannehill and Boylan have a lot more in common, it seems to me, except that Boylan has fewer excuses. Parker is the person who chooses to be a Tannehill sidekick, which is pretty sad when you think about it.
Yes.....but no as well... Parker has precious little actual scholarly acumen to be on his own without the training wheels on his pedal Harley from Daniel C. Peterson. Parker can't contribute anything actually significant in either spiritual Mormonism, or intellectual Mormonism. If you don't have it originally, you cannot share it. This we see with copious amounts of evidence continually being streamed by Parker. It is utterly amusing and quite entertaining...
Peterson doesn't have any training either other than to rip off books and maps from a dead RLDS guy:
https://openlibrary.org/authors/OL24170 ... ward_Hills

Photo of the Author:

"When Dan Peterson makes it to the Spirit World, I'm going to kick his butt!" :lol:

https://archive.org/details/historicald ... ew=theater

1919 Mesoamerica Map:

https://archive.org/details/historicald ... ew=theater

Neither he nor Parker check their sources. Then they rag on Jonathan Neville because he's not supporting fake geography for The Book of Mormon created during World War One.

And Parker thinks he's representing The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. :lol: :lol: :D