DCP's Role in the "Nygren" Debacle

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Re: DCP's Role in the "Nygren" Debacle

Post by drumdude »

Bill Reel’s video speaks for itself. Neither Parker nor DCP has offered anything of substance in rebuttal.

Just the typical mopologetic bull.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

drumdude wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:37 pm
Bill Reel’s video speaks for itself. Neither Parker nor DCP has offered anything of substance in rebuttal.

Just the typical mopologetic bull.
Indeed! Reel is vastly beyond their own capabilities of making a case with solid evidence, and from their own Mopologist videos of their own words, and they still can't grasp how lunatic they appear. CHORTLE!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:18 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:15 pm
If DCP is throwing his *ahem* weight behind Mike “Peter Pan” Parker, why is Mike’s profile still deleted from the Interpreter site?

Once again DCP’s duplicity is on full display.

- Doc
I was curious about this, so I took a look at the Wayback Machine. The weirdest thing to me is not that Parker no longer has a profile page -- it's that he ever had one. The profiles that he was listed under are "Author Profiles." They consist of a photo, biographical information, and links to things they've written. Parker's only had a photo. At some point, an e-mail address was listed. But, no bio information and no reference to anything he authored. The last archived page was May 17, 2022.

I also checked the Radio Hosts page. Oddly, it appears that Parker and Peterson were both removed from the list of hosts at about the same time.
Yeah, I don’t know. The Interpreter thought enough to upload different head shots of Peter Pan, but whatever the case may be the timing of Mikes’s disappearance from the search results coincided with about Bill Reel’s podcast. I had googled ‘mike+parker+interpreter’ recently and he popped up (I had also googled Spencer Kraus and Robert Boylan, both of which were still showing up as of last night).

He was definitely removed.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:14 pm
Comment on SeN
Mike Parker
5 hours ago edited

Thank you very much, Dan; your support means the world to me, especially during this surreal and difficult time.

I don't mind getting some pushback from Jonathan Neville now that my real identity has been revealed; in fact, I suppose I should expect it. What's been unexpected, though, are the ludicrously false accusations from ex-Mormon sideshow barker Bill Reel and watching Neville throw in with Reel and other critics of the Church of Jesus Christ.

I can only hope that people of good will are watching all of this with the same amount of incredulity that I am.
He still insists that it was acceptable for him to go along with, and actively perpetuate the pretense of a fake persona of a 'african-american lds apologist' running HIS blog, a persona which was made up to provide cover for him and to, according to Boylan, tweak racists?

Hmm.
Interestingly, Parker's comment now shows as "waiting moderation" and it's no longer showing on his disqus as site.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Side note:

That link’s result has been torched. There’s def something going on.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:15 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:18 pm

I was curious about this, so I took a look at the Wayback Machine. The weirdest thing to me is not that Parker no longer has a profile page -- it's that he ever had one. The profiles that he was listed under are "Author Profiles." They consist of a photo, biographical information, and links to things they've written. Parker's only had a photo. At some point, an e-mail address was listed. But, no bio information and no reference to anything he authored. The last archived page was May 17, 2022.

I also checked the Radio Hosts page. Oddly, it appears that Parker and Peterson were both removed from the list of hosts at about the same time.
Yeah, I don’t know. The Interpreter thought enough to upload different head shots of Peter Pan, but whatever the case may be the timing of Mikes’s disappearance from the search results coincided with about Bill Reel’s podcast. I had googled ‘mike+parker+interpreter’ recently and he popped up (I had also googled Spencer Kraus and Robert Boylan, both of which were still showing up as of last night).

He was definitely removed.

- Doc
Yeah, he was. I was just hoping the wayback machine would nail down the date a little better.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:26 pm
Side note:

That link’s result has been torched. There’s def something going on.

- Doc
It looks to me like it's just an outdated link. It's supposed to lead to a landing page for "Scripture Roundtables" At some point, the Interpreter reorganized that part of its website, replacing the landing page titled "Scripture Roundtables" with one titled "Roundtables." Here's the broken link: http://www.mormoninterpreter.com/catego ... oundtable/ Here's the replacement link: https://interpreterfoundation.org/roundtables/

The broken link is not specific to Parker. It's just an out of date, broken link.

Not saying there isn't something going on -- just that this broken link isn't part of it.

[Edited to add broken link]
he/him

drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Mike was quick to point out that Neville’s interpreter page is still up.

https://interpreterfoundation.org/author/jonathann/
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

drumdude wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:27 pm

Of course. Neville wrote something that the interpreter published. He didn't leave his bio blank, listing exactly zero publications.
he/him

Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:57 pm
drumdude wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:27 pm

Of course. Neville wrote something that the interpreter published. He didn't leave his bio blank, listing exactly zero publications.
Well.... I mean..... 0 publications, that's just gotta be impressive to someone there at Interpreter doesn't it? After all, no one has to actually go peer review nothing, so that has to be helping them out... :roll: