What Is Wrong With William Schryver? Can Someone Please Help Him?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

What Is Wrong With William Schryver? Can Someone Please Help Him?

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

These days, Mopologist William Schryver spends most of his time on Twitter cheering for Russia and delighting in the death and destruction of Ukrainians (both military and civilians). It's pretty disgusting behavior. Especially, from one who purports to be a follower of Christ.

William's Twitter account is a fascinating case study about how one can slowly lose their grip on reality. Here are just a few (out of thousands) of tweets that show William's slow descent into madness. I worry about his mental health:
Will Schryver
@imetatronink
In recent weeks I have reassessed everything that has happened to date in the Ukraine War, and I am now more convinced than ever that the overriding Russian strategy has been to destroy the AFU "on the cheap" while simultaneously preparing themselves for war against the US/NATO.
Will Schryver
@imetatronink
Putin has handled his affairs with remarkable skill and entirely necessary international and domestic diplomacy. His wisdom has been extremely impressive.
Will Schryver
@imetatronink
In my view, there is not one nation in the so-called "western democracies" with leaders in the same intellectual league as Russia's Putin and Lavrov. Believe what you may regarding them personally, they are of a class of intellects that towers over their western counterparts.
Will Schryver
@imetatronink
History will treat Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin with exceptional favor. He will be viewed as one of the most intelligent, wise, and capable leaders of the modern era – dating back centuries. Russians should more rightly fear that no one as capable will follow him.
Will Schryver
@imetatronink
Sergei Lavrov delivered a momentous speech at the UN Security Council on Monday — arguably one of the most significant speeches since the original founding of the United Nations.
Will Schryver
@imetatronink
The US quite literally has ZERO options adequate to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat in this war. Russia will win decisively, and in retrospect it will be hailed by military historians as a strategic masterpiece and one of the greatest feats of arms in modern times.
Will Schryver
@imetatronink
As I have argued for years, the US military industrial complex is a black-hole of staggering waste and corruption that has no equal in human history.
Will Schryver
@imetatronink
When the US loses 100+ aircraft in the first days of a future war, it will shock the world and stupefy the American public.
Will Schryver
@imetatronink
The notion that the declining US empire can resurrect the Arsenal of Democracy band for a farewell tour is a delusional vanity.
Will Schryver
@imetatronink
US air power could not fly against Russian air defenses without being utterly decimated in less than a week. US stand off munitions would struggle to achieve even 10% hit rates. They would be shot down or disabled by Russian ECM.
Will Schryver
@imetatronink
The US has not won a war since WW2, and they could not have "won" that war without the USSR as their ally.
Will Schryver
@imetatronink
Anyone who does not now recognize that Russia, China, and Iran are in a de facto multi-spectrum alliance is, in my judgment, patently mistaken. Three potent civilizational powers against the empire.
Will Schryver
@imetatronink
The fools in the west attempted to excommunicate from their midst the largest, most bountifully endowed commodity producer in the global economy. In so doing they have condemned both their economies and their currencies to ruin. Time is on Russia's side, and always has been.
Will Schryver
@imetatronink
I have, for years now, foreseen a catastrophic financial collapse of the global dollar system.
Will Schryver
@imetatronink
The Imperial Masters in Washington and London have achieved the heretofore unthinkable geopolitical folly of joining the three key Eurasian poles of power in a strong military / economic alliance, all with an explicit aim of destroying American hegemony. And so they will.
Will Schryver
@imetatronink
The US literally has no capacity to effect a large-scale amphibious operation in Taiwan or anywhere in China's neighborhood. It would be an unprecedented slaughter.
Will Schryver Retweeted
@imetatronink
I've long been a student of Russia and of Vladimir Putin. And I've long-since concluded Putin tells you exactly what he thinks, exactly what he will do; and he never bluffs.
Will Schryver
@imetatronink
I submit Putin has been studiously preparing for this "situation" for his entire reign in Russia. I say that because I am reasonably well-versed in a large proportion of what he has said during all that time. I am also quite well-versed in the broader geopolitical context.
https://Twitter.com/imetatronink
Last edited by Everybody Wang Chung on Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
drumdude
God

Re: What Is Wrong With William Schryver? Can Someone Please Help Him?

Post by drumdude »

This is why it’s so important to deprogram Mormons. This forum, exMo Reddit, podcasts, they are leading people back to reality.

Mormonism is objectively false. As false as Scientology. Is there some universe in which it could be true? Sure; the same universe in which we faked the moon landing.

When you let your mind wander far enough afield that the Book of Mormon starts seeming probable, suddenly you can easily fall victim to even more outlandish thinking. Like believing that Putin and Lavrov are playing 4D chess. Like thinking they want a war with NATO. Once you stop trying to find the objective truth, you just start worshiping anything they agrees with your confirmation bias.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Well this is a new angle I hadn't seen from the worlds greatest self-proclaimed geopolitical scholar:
When the US loses 100+ aircraft in the first days of a future war, it will shock the world and stupefy the American public.
My mom used to say "don't count your chickens before they hatch." I'd say that's relevant, but it doesn't quite do Will justice. A new turn-of-phrase needs inventing. What if you were counting chickens, but there weren't even eggs, or a chicken coop? Someone will have to come up with a new saying and so Will is definitely pushing the bounds of human knowledge here.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Gadianton wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:23 am
Well this is a new angle I hadn't seen from the worlds greatest self-proclaimed geopolitical scholar:
My mom used to say "don't count your chickens before they hatch." I'd say that's relevant, but it doesn't quite do Will justice. A new turn-of-phrase needs inventing. What if you were counting chickens, but there weren't even eggs, or a chicken coop? Someone will have to come up with a new saying and so Will is definitely pushing the bounds of human knowledge here.
Very interesting, Dean. I'm reminded of a Star Trek episode where Spock said something to the effect of, "It's illogical to attempt reason where no logic exists." I'm sure this applies to a great deal of Will's posts.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

William Schryver's pro-Russia writings are a direct result of the game changer he found in the Kirtland Egyptian Papers. The Deep State of the Maxwell Institute kept him from enlightening the FAIRMormon Conference.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Moksha wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:09 am
William Schryver's pro-Russia writings are a direct result of the game changer he found in the Kirtland Egyptian Papers. The Deep State of the Maxwell Institute kept him from enlightening the FAIRMormon Conference.
Not many people can learn the true secret of the bees and emerge with their sanity intact:

https://youtu.be/ngnadnsHaSQ?t=18
Last edited by Everybody Wang Chung on Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

I think Schryver has been imbibing a wee bit much on Cleon Skousen.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:36 am
Not many people can learn the true secret of the bees and emerge with their sanity intact:

https://youtu.be/ngnadnsHaSQ?t=18
This is the message that Schryver is trying to bring forth with his pro-Russian caterwauling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BA3SO1sokA

It is one of the most profound pieces to come from LDS apologetics.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:09 am

I think there may be some truth to that. From reading his statements above it's clear to me that he is definitely the kind of person I would not want to spend time with. Putin is anything but "wise" and there is zero wisdom in what he is doing. Putin has failed the Russian people and has done great harm to world stability. I don't think it will end well for him because his back is against the wall and faces the real possibility of a Russian noose once his people realize they don't have to take orders from a madman.