What Is Wrong With William Schryver? Can Someone Please Help Him?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Gadianton
God

Re: What Is Wrong With William Schryver? Can Someone Please Help Him?

Post by Gadianton »

I gots no gas in the tank no mo’. I’d rather take it easy.
From the looks of it, you wouldn't need much gas. You might just need to be able to stand for five minutes without collapsing.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 2:32 am
I guess we broke him. *shrugs*

- Doc
Keeping an overabundance of the C word bottled up inside can do that. He should have found the sacred grove of the Cedar City canyon and shouted it to the mountain tops. "Give me Putin and lots of Putin", he could have shouted. Or maybe he did and that was his game-changer.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Physics Guy
God

Post by Physics Guy »

Schryver seems to be a rightist—a guy who wants to be right. He wants to be right about something about which most others are wrong, especially all the people that make him feel bad. I doubt the topic itself is important.

Cheering for Putin ticks boxes. Almost everyone thinks Putin is bad and stupid: Schryver gets to be the one smart guy who bucks conventional wisdom. It’s a war, so it’s important and manly. There are clouds of propaganda, so the chance of being proven clearly wrong too fast to weasel out of it is low.

The chance that Russia gets decisively beaten in the end is not so low, so Schryver is taking a risk. He may not have better options for ego-boosting rightness. He can hedge his bet in two ways.

If Putin loses but has a face-saving claim to have accomplished some goal, Schryver can sing in chorus and claim he was right all along.

If Putin‘s defeat is too disastrous for any redemption, Schryver can blame the tragic failure of heroic Putin on some vile traitor. That leaves Schryver being at least morally right.
I was a teenager before it was cool.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Physics Guy wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 9:05 am
Schryver can blame the tragic failure of heroic Putin on some vile traitor. That leaves Schryver being at least morally right.
Blame it on the United Nations threatening the nearby hamlet of LaVerkin. At some later date, Schryver can dance the Mamushka with Vladimir.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Tim
Star A

Post by Tim »

I think it is fun to speculate what Will will say if Putin fails. Let's say Putin dies and sanity returns to the Russian military and they withdraw... how does Will save face?

Treason seems to be the easiest excuse right? It can't be that he miscalculated or chose to listen to propaganda.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Tim wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 5:39 pm
I think it is fun to speculate what Will will say if Putin fails. Let's say Putin dies and sanity returns to the Russian military and they withdraw... how does Will save face?

Treason seems to be the easiest excuse right? It can't be that he miscalculated or chose to listen to propaganda.
I think PG’s observation nails down WS’s psychology perfectly. There are just people who have to be The Man on certain things; sometimes they have to be The Expert on all things. Schryver is a deeply confused person, but he’s found his community. As an aside, anyone that comes across this post must know Schryver bans people liberally from his Twitter account - he … CANCELS OPPOSING OPINIONS.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
PseudoPaul
Star B

Post by PseudoPaul »

I always wonder if these online Putinists are getting paid for their work? If not, I feel really sorry for them. It takes a staggering lack of critical thinking and warped morality to land on the side of Putin.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

If you can help Will, I think that would be a good thing.

If you would like to help Ukraine, have a look at my post in Spirit Paradise:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=157543

It's easy - just talk for an hour (more if you choose) per week!
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

PseudoPaul wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 2:47 pm
I always wonder if these online Putinists are getting paid for their work? If not, I feel really sorry for them. It takes a staggering lack of critical thinking and warped morality to land on the side of Putin.
Sometimes if feels like certain theists have calculated that the only way to "save" God is to throw in with authoritarians whom they wrongly calculate will force religion into the center of society again.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Now Russians are saying Germany needs to be ‘denazified’, and partitioned:

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVide ... utm_term=1

This is who William “Moscow” Schryver aligns himself with. It should be noted they’ve said this about Ukraine, Poland, and a few other European states.

Every accusation is a confession.

- Doc

eta: https://meduza.io/feature/2023/05/02/es ... ob-yasnima

tl;dc - prepping Russian media on how to report on potential losses in Ukraine, so hopefully Schryver got a copy of the manual ahead of time.
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Tue May 02, 2023 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.