What Is Wrong With William Schryver? Can Someone Please Help Him?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: What Is Wrong With William Schryver? Can Someone Please Help Him?

Post by Jersey Girl »

runtu wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 10:27 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 8:10 pm

Do I know you?
I used to know someone from Jersey. Sorry I’ve been out of touch.
Hmmm....somewhere in the far recesses of my mind I seem to recall a runtu. I hope you and yours are well!

;)
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Dr. Sunstoned
Valiant A

Post by Dr. Sunstoned »

Only one 80 year old tank in the whole parade? Something seems amiss.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 4:23 pm
I agree with Tim and Runtu. Definitely Cluster B.
I definitely believe that the hive mind of the Mopologists is cluster B, a variety of sociopath. I'm still mulling that bit over. But Will? As I've said, I don't think he's mentally ill at all. He has no excuse for embracing evil. Where he's landed today is decades in the making, the extreme result of taking apologetics seriously.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 3:40 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 4:23 pm
I agree with Tim and Runtu. Definitely Cluster B.
I definitely believe that the hive mind of the Mopologists is cluster B, a variety of sociopath. I'm still mulling that bit over. But Will? As I've said, I don't think he's mentally ill at all. He has no excuse for embracing evil. Where he's landed today is decades in the making, the extreme result of taking apologetics seriously.
It takes a special personality type to assist the Mamon machine that keeps the little old widow in Pahoran sending her social security checks to the trillion dollar corporation.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

runtu wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 2:38 pm
Tim wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 4:28 pm

Having the unfortunate experience of having to deal with more than one person with a Cluster B Personality Disorder this phrase became a godsend. I see it a ton in William's tweets. He's constantly accusing people of being sycophants, gullible, ignorant, or in an echo chamber.
I stumbled across Schryver’s Twitter yesterday. Wow. Funny how a hobbyist IT guy can become an expert in military and geopolitical affairs. I’m guessing his expertise is about the same as that of his knowledge of the Book of Abraham. Definitely a Cluster B personality. I truly had hoped I’d never come across his name again. Oh, well.
Hello runtu! It is a delight to have you around again.

Any chance of seeing your ultra-cool avatar once more?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Nimrod
Star B

Post by Nimrod »

Will crashed and burned years ago on the rocks of facts and logic in his vain attempt to save the Book of Abraham with his ill-conceived cipher theory (and hi-res photos of the papyri and KEP). He doesn't seem to have healed, just redirected his 'efforts.' Perhaps the Elon Musk version of Twitter will give him safe haven to flog his outlandish ideas.
Apologists try to shill an explanation to questioning members as though science and reason really explain and buttress their professed faith. It [sic] does not. By definition, faith is the antithesis of science and reason. Apologetics is a further deception by faith peddlers to keep power and influence.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

runtu wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 10:27 pm
I used to know someone from Jersey. Sorry I’ve been out of touch.
Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 3:27 am
Hmmm....somewhere in the far recesses of my mind I seem to recall a runtu. I hope you and yours are well!

;)
So do I! Hello, Runtu!!!! Good to see you back!
sansfoy
Nursery

Post by sansfoy »

This thread is a reunion of old Zion's Lighthouse people from back in the day.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

sansfoy wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 1:07 pm
This thread is a reunion of old Zion's Lighthouse people from back in the day.
Ain’t it beautiful?
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Post by Alphus and Omegus »

Nimrod wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 10:41 pm
Will crashed and burned years ago on the rocks of facts and logic in his vain attempt to save the Book of Abraham with his ill-conceived cipher theory (and hi-res photos of the papyri and KEP). He doesn't seem to have healed, just redirected his 'efforts.' Perhaps the Elon Musk version of Twitter will give him safe haven to flog his outlandish ideas.
The Book of Abraham is so obviously fictional that trying to defend literal translation theories seems to break people. Nibley, Gee, and Schryver all seem to have been badly damaged by the effort.

The catalyst theory seems to be a lot better for the soul, even if the evidence for it is indistinguishable from the truth that Book of Abraham is made up.