Sic et Non articles Dan would rather you not remember

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Sic et Non articles Dan would rather you not remember

Post by drumdude »

One of DP’s favorite pass times is to assert “I have never done X” which means you can be almost certain that he has indeed done X.

While searching for instances of X, you may come across dead or outdated links. Often the website is gone, or not maintained. In those cases the missing link was obviously not deleted deliberately.

But with DP, especially from his best year ever (2012) you find a treasure trove of things he really wants you to forget. Like the time he insinuated that BYU, which is run by the brethren, is a danger to student testimony:

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... ition.html

Oh no, page removed? Let’s try that again with the way back machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20121118122 ... ition.html

All I can say is, thank Mormon God for the Internet Archive’s wayback machine. Otherwise there would be no way to prove DP and other Mormon apologists are constantly lying and hiding their own history, suiting whatever lame argument they’re trying to make today.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Sic et Non articles Dan would rather you not remember

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Dan “implicit crap posting” Peterson has more teflon on his size 56 jacket than The Don could ever hope to have.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
drumdude
God

Re: Sic et Non articles Dan would rather you not remember

Post by drumdude »

EL:. "Heartlanders and non-Heartlanders would benefit from dialing back the "apostate" accusations (and racist accusations)."

Point of clarification:

I have never called "Heartlanders" apostates -- although I have, expressed some concern that continual criticisms of Church curriculum, Church magazines, LDS scholars, and, sometimes, implicitly, of Church leaders could result in apostasy.
Dan says today, after criticizing BYU Universities as a great place to lose one’s testimony.