Backyard Professor Responds to Church Historian Kyle McKay on Jesus & the Church

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Backyard Professor Responds to Church Historian Kyle McKay on Jesus & the Church

Post by Philo Sofee »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkq8f_qq_Vc

A little response in which I took a moment to say thank you to the Church Historian, for his uplifting, faith-promoting sweet spirit filled talk to the precious collegiate youth of Zion in Rexburg Idaho.
huckelberry
God

Re: Backyard Professor Responds to Church Historian Kyle McKay on Jesus & the Church

Post by huckelberry »

Philo, due to a fading connection I only heard the first portion of this presentation. I was glad you started out pointing out that switch from foundation in faith in Jesus to foundation faith in the SLC church. You did a good job pointing out the distortion used to say there is a rule to not doubt.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Backyard Professor Responds to Church Historian Kyle McKay on Jesus & the Church

Post by Philo Sofee »

huckelberry wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:21 pm
Philo, due to a fading connection I only heard the first portion of this presentation. I was glad you started out pointing out that switch from foundation in faith in Jesus to foundation faith in the SLC church. You did a good job pointing out the distortion used to say there is a rule to not doubt.
Yes, they do that bait and switch all the time. I corrected it every time he said it in this talk. Thanks. I went staright to the scriptures, both the Hebrew and the Greek to see if Jesus really meant that and if that is the way scripture sets it up. This guy is brainwashing, not teaching true scripture. I rather think the scriptural refutation of his claim is solid, it is why I delved so deeply into it. Apparently a LOT of folks are very happy I did also by all the comments on this deep dive.