Mormonism the movie

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
sock puppet
High Priest

Mormonism the movie

Post by sock puppet »

Mormonism asks people to suspend their disbelief (they call it, asking you to develop faith). Forget what you know, what you've seen and heard--or better yet, what you haven't seen or heard. Instead of grappling with the harsh reality that 'life is unfair', just rest assured that a super being that knows all will hereafter rectify the wrongs of life. He knows if you've been good or bad, he knows if you've been naughty or nice. Nevermind he hides himself and is a mute. What does it matter that you have not seen a dead person re-animated--believe! believe! you will go on, you will exist after you die.

Mormonism the movie, successfully enticing thousands and thousands of people a year to suspend their disbelief. The show must go on. The coffers must swell.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal." Groucho Marx
"The truth has no defense against a fool determined to believe a lie." Mark Twain
The best lack all conviction, while the worst//Are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Re: Mormonism the movie

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

If I was stuck on a desert island and could one have one movie, Mormonism or Madea, it would be the easiest choice in the world:

"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
TwoCumorahFraud
Star A

Re: Mormonism the movie

Post by TwoCumorahFraud »

That’s the purpose of life. If your spirit will listen to and obey the correct Spirit, while your spirit is cloaked in mortal temporary matter.

It’s a test.

No one lives forever. Best to contemplate on your next existence and prepare for it.