Mormon at ages 11, 15, 24 is really Joseph Smith Jr., in disguise!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Re: Mormon at ages 11, 15, 24 is really Joseph Smith Jr., in disguise!

Post by Shulem »

Limnor wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:46 pm
Interesting. However, I meant if Joseph disguised himself as Mormon, could it be that another person was disguised as Ammaron who handed the “plates” to Mormon? And the four sons of Mosiah are other people who are in disguise as well?

The “disguise” always seems to stop with “Joseph is Mormon.”

Why?

There are others mentioned in Book of Mormon prophecy but code names were not used. Unfortunately, this thread started by Philo Sofee did not get much attention. I think it's interesting.

New evidence Isaiah 29 - The Sealed Book - is a fake prophecy Invented by Joseph Smith
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Shulem wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:18 pm
There are others mentioned in Book of Mormon prophecy but code names were not used. Unfortunately, this thread started by Philo Sofee did not get much attention. I think it's interesting.

New evidence Isaiah 29 - The Sealed Book - is a fake prophecy Invented by Joseph Smith
Code names were used in the D&C, weren't they?
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:59 pm

Indeed:

Wikipedia - List of code names in the Doctrine and Covenants
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

I Have Questions wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:35 am
Don Bradley wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:42 am
There are unquestionably parallels between Joseph Smith and Mormon: they are closely parallel figures. I would hope everyone would recognize that. What people may disagree on is just the source and meaning of the parallels.
What's your take on the source and the meaning of the parallels Don?

Come back and explain your happy parallels, Don. When did members of the Church first begin to recognize these parallels in Mormon? Which of the prophets in the past explained them to the general body of the Church? Can you answer that, please?

Come back, Don. Don't just hit and run.

And don't forget, you're dealing with Shulem.

hehe

;)
Limnor
Nursery

Post by Limnor »

The code names influenced my understanding of the book’s origins.

Don’t need Delmarva if Kirtland is Zarahemla and Ammon traveled to Harmony.
Limnor
Nursery

Post by Limnor »

Just wish I had time to fully develop the theory.

Also, Shulem, this in no way is intended to detract from your work. Just considering alternatives.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Limnor wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:43 pm
Don’t need Delmarva if Kirtland is Zarahemla and Ammon traveled to Harmony.

Limnor,

I've taken you to task and have answered your other question about the river:

Book of Mormon Geography

With pleasure, I've put another dagger into the heart of the Heartland model which I utterly detest. The heartland model is stoopid!

I stabbed its eyes out!

:lol:
Don Bradley
Star B

Post by Don Bradley »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:28 pm
I dare say that Don Bradley's testimony hangs on the need to formulate and justify parallels because the logical conclusion of evidence prove that Joseph Smith was perpetuating a massive pious fraud.
:?:

The parallels I was offering between Joseph Smith and Mormon are clearly not apologetic in nature. Indeed, probably the people who would most readily make use of them are critics.
Shulem wrote:
Oh, I don't doubt that Bradley has experienced spiritual manifestations and yet those things are common to the human race in all religions -- but spiritual experiences don't make something true when it's really fantasy in which to play out and entertain ourselves on this lovely planet which we call, "earth." Mormon spiritual experiences? Been there, done that.
Actually, I left the church in part because I thought all religious had spiritual experiences, and that these all contradicted each other, which made me think these experiences were merely subjective. I subsequently came to see that, in fact, the mystics in virtually all religions have massive agreement between their spiritual experiences, suggesting that they were perceiving something real.

Don
"People can find meaninglessness in just about anything if they convince themselves that there is no meaning in that thing." - The Rev. Dr. Lumen Kishkumen
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Don Bradley wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:51 am
Shulem wrote:
I dare say that Don Bradley's testimony hangs on the need to formulate and justify parallels because the logical conclusion of evidence prove that Joseph Smith was perpetuating a massive pious fraud.
The parallels I was offering between Joseph Smith and Mormon are clearly not apologetic in nature. Indeed, probably the people who would most readily make use of them are critics.
What are the parallels?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:59 pm
I particularly liked Persimmon and Bunny Face from the Unwritten Order of Things mentioned by Elder Boyd K. Packer.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace