Mormon at ages 11, 15, 24 is really Joseph Smith Jr., in disguise!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Re: Mormon Jr.

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 2:12 pm
The process of elucidation is in the works on this area of the Hebrew and Greek in Joseph Smith's scriptures, especially the PofGP...it's just taking a little longer than I anticipated is all.

I find your contributions to be valuable and enlightening. I look forward to more, much more. May you follow the light and come to a full awakening!

Blessed be Philo.

lol
Shulem
God

Re: Mormon at ages 11, 15, 24 is really Joseph Smith Jr., in disguise!

Post by Shulem »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 11:51 am
Does this alter your geography speculations, Shulem?

Kish,

I may have failed to address what you were suggesting or implying in your question so I will expand on that. I think you are pointing out how 11-year old Joseph's migration westward to New York does not compare to 11-year old Mormon's migration south into the peninsula of Delmarva. Yeah, there is a difference in the direction and they don't match but it's the circumstance of the migration that Smith was borrowing into his story to aid him in his fantasy. The Delmarva peninsula had already been chosen early on at the beginning of the Book of Mormon and parameters to describe its shape, form, and relation to the seas and the land northward via a narrow neck is already established and set in stone. The story of Mormon came much later at the end of the book and there was no way to send young Mormon west to New York because the geography is to the south on the eastern seaboard.

I hope that helps.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Thanks, Shulem! I appreciate you taking the time to share your discoveries and arguments.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

The connection to Mormon and the plates at age 24 has to be a dead hit.

Of course, Mormons will agree and say, "Look! Mormon was a type and a shadow unto the Prophet Joseph".
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 4:53 pm
Of course, Mormons will agree and say, "Look! Mormon was a type and a shadow unto the Prophet Joseph".
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yea, verily!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Gadianton wrote:

Thank you, Gad, and that is very astute of you. It's a nightmare scenario for apologists to have to rationalize the 11-15-24 combination so perfectly given in the order within the text. Their only fallback is what you suggest: Type and shadow of Joseph Smith. But I think everyone else can see it for what it is. Smith was playing roles in the Book of Mormon to satisfy his desires and fantasies. And then later, he really got to get his fantasies going with a 14 year old girl. Smith loved the babes.

:lol:
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

And then later, he really got to get his fantasies going with a 14 year old girl. Smith loved the babes.
hold on there partner, do you have the age sequence of the girls he was with?
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 5:55 pm
And then later, he really got to get his fantasies going with a 14 year old girl. Smith loved the babes.
hold on there partner, do you have the age sequence of the girls he was with?

Oh heaven forbid. I'm sorry if I gave that impression. However, the 24-year old translator was contemplating engaging in the practice of polygamy just as soon as he could justify the "command" from God for him to raise up seed (Jacob 2:30). Joseph Smith was looking to wet his whistle with lots of women. That too was his fantasy. He loved women!

Anyway, Mormon passed the plates football to his only son, Moroni (Touchdown!) who wore the finest hiking boots money can buy in order to travel 3,000 miles to arrive at a party in New York. But apparently the Mexican Indians followed him and nobody knows what happened thereafter. Poor Moroni died a miserable old man.

;)
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Gadianton wrote:

What else can it be? It's absolutely uncanny and there simply is no reason why an 11-year old boy would be told to wait 13 years before uncovering the plates and assuming ownership of them. Why age 24? Why not 18 or 21? It might be argued that it was to allow a certain amount of maturity to settle in on Mormon's character before taking on such a role. In the Old Testament, Levites had to wait till they were age 25 (Numbers 8:24,25) in order to assume responsibilities in the tabernacle of the congregation and then at age 50 they were dismissed. But that was the Old Testament under Levitical law and that can hardly apply to Nephites in a post Christ era. Besides, the age given is 24, not 25. It's the exact age Joseph Smith was when he was processing his own make-believe plates.

It's a dead hit! I'm glad you see it, Gad.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 4:15 pm
Thanks, Shulem! I appreciate you taking the time to share your discoveries and arguments.

I sincerely appreciate that.

:D