In honor of Mormonism

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
huckelberry
God

Re: In honor of Mormonism

Post by huckelberry »

dastardly stem wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 4:25 am
huckelberry wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 1:19 am
waking,

Oh I had a funny dream. This fellow Jerry was out about drinking at the tavern and continued well beyond the point he should have left off drinking. No one stopped him at the bar, it was busy. Jerry jumped into his car and took off, turning onto the freeway. He did not notice the wrong way sign due to blurry vision and was unable to stop to avoid the pickup truck coming the other way. The result was unpleasant.

But Jerry understood it was not his fault. Beer makers created the problem, the bar tender should have stopped him. There wouldn't have been a problem if that other fellow had not been driving down the road. And to consider further there definitely is fault with the road makers and car makers. They create so many problems. But to really get down to the root of the problem, its gods fault, god started it all and is behind each and every one of those problems.
What does this have to do with what I’ve said in this thread, huckelberry?
Stem, you do not like this characterization of what you have been arguing? Well it was just a dream you can reject the image and choose other thoughts. Saying that I remember that you do not believe in any sort of god anyway so why labor the question? Is it not more direct to just say there is no god and that condition is shown by the amount of suffering in the world, lack of miraculous help and the fact that the universe is too d. large.

Well , whatever, we seem to be missing each other completely in this subject so might as well hang it up for now. We might manage to discuss something some other time.
dastardly stem
God

Re: In honor of Mormonism

Post by dastardly stem »

huckelberry wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 8:19 pm

Stem, you do not like this characterization of what you have been arguing?
Nah...I was just asking how it applies to what I've been saying. I don't see the connection. So I asked for clarification.

But if you're done, that's fine with me. Have a good one, Huckelberry.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos