Midgley leaves Colvin’s homeland, but he just can’t leave her alone.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: Midgley leaves Colvin’s homeland, but he just can’t leave her alone.

Post by Kishkumen »

Below he tells a ridiculous story, completely bypassing that it is absolutely possible for Midgley to stalk Colvin, and still have other reasons to be in NZ. Does he really think people can't see what he is doing?
It is positively exhausting. Are his readers joining him in the “laughs” behind the scenes, or are most of them among the number of his targets? I mean, this strategy pretty much presupposes that his LDS readers are his dupes.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 11:27 pm
Midgley wrote:Professor Peterson: I wonder if the crazies on some Board, whose name I do not know, will imagine that both of us planning to fly to Sydney, Australia, and then go to New Zealand on a cruise ship, and then back to Australia, with the intention of tracking down Gina Colvin.
Why would anyone “imagine” anything? Last time around, Midgley turned up in the comments of her blog and said that he was headed to New Zealand, and he *asked for her address*! Who needs to “imagine” anything when the Mopologists are openly stating their intentions?
“DCP” wrote:naa'ing: "If I recall correctly, that's where you first met Professor Gina Colvin?"

Stop being an idiot.

Some of the folks on your board have ginned up a ridiculous conspiracy theory about Professor Midgley and Gina Colvin that has no actual basis in fact. That not only flies but soars over at your odd little corner of the web -- but don't try to pollute my blog with it.

That's a warning, by the way.
Dan can try to rewrite history but the record is safely here for anyone to examine.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Perhaps Dan hasn't visited Gina's blog where Midgley attacked her viciously around the time of his journey. The only conspiracy theory is Dan's that Lou didn't do anything wrong.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

drumdude wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:06 pm
...Dan can try to rewrite history but the record is safely here for anyone to examine.
Yes, there are many records.

Here's one:
Doctor Scratch wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:51 pm
...In fact, just today, Louis Midgley has been "opining up a storm," if you want to call it that. Issuing dire threats towards one woman in particular--Gina Colvin--might be more accurate. In the midst of their frenzied commentary on news coverage of the post-Roe goings-on, Philip Leaning gives this report:
Philip Leaning wrote:Re Roe vs Wade:
You should see the garbage being spouted by the NZ media that shows absolutely no understanding of what was the real motivation for the decision (i.e. constitutional) and no inclination to make any effort to understand it.

(This on top of a 3-part hatchet job "investigation" into the Church's finances in NZ published in the NZ Herald, the country's largest newspaper, which relies heavily for its dark insinuations on the testimony of nameless apostate "former bishops" too fearful of "reprisal" to reveal their identities. And of course, Gina Colvin.)
Midgley responds with what can only be described as frightening viciousness:
Louis Midgley wrote:Philip:

Please send me this rubbish. And especially anything by Gina Colvin. I am writing an essay in which I may, for very good reasons, trash her. She deserves a good trashing.
She deserves a good trashing????

The thread also includes this:
Dr Moore wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:09 am
Hmm. This is sad. Midgley has been inflicting pain and insults on women and young women for decades. I know one who grew up in his home ward, who has shared many stories with me first hand. He’s got a long, long list of women who are legitimately aggrieved by his sadistic, misogynistic tormenting. Going back to the 1980s at least...
The entire thread is well worth the read, in case anyone hadn't seen it or wants further background about the comments.

The part where DCP says that Midgley's statement that Colvin "deserves a good trashing" is just "intellectually serious professional criticism" (!!) is priceless.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

So, uh, wait . . . Midgley did not go to New Zealand and talk to Colvin's spouse?

I mean, just look at Midgley's own words. His words condemn him. All that one has to do is remind others that he actually wrote them.
Lou Midgley wrote:Philip:

Please send me this rubbish. And especially anything by Gina Colvin. I am writing an essay in which I may, for very good reasons, trash her. She deserves a good trashing.
"Trash her."

"She deserves a good trashing."

What more needs to be said? Guy is out of line.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:05 pm
So, uh, wait . . . Midgley did not go to New Zealand and talk to Colvin's spouse?

I mean, just look at Midgley's own words. His words condemn him. All that one has to do is remind others that he actually wrote them.
Lou Midgley wrote:Philip:

"Trash her."

"She deserves a good trashing."

What more needs to be said? Guy is out of line.
I wonder if he has the remaining mental acuity to realize that what he dishes out is what he actually is......?
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Oh my. DCP has decided to let Kiwi57's rabidly racist comment stand, apparently...
kiwi57 wrote:
If I recall correctly, that's where you first met Professor Gina Colvin?
Professor Midgley was involved with New Zealand long before Ms Colvin (she's not a "professor" of anything -- an "adjunct research fellow" is in no sense a professor) was even born.

A realise that, as a bitterly anti-Mormon, anti-American, anti-"white" racist, she's very important to you. She's not nearly as important outside of your little colony of shared hatreds.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

That's like saying Ted Bundy was involved with Utah long before he killed people there.

So what?

Judge to Ted: "Oh! My bad Ted, you were going to law school at the U of U, I guess there's no reason to talk about those five murders."
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

“SeN brain dead fanboy” wrote:Professor Midgley was involved with New Zealand long before Ms Colvin (she's not a "professor" of anything -- an "adjunct research fellow" is in no sense a professor) was even born.

A realise that, as a bitterly anti-Mormon, anti-American, anti-"white" racist, she's very important to you. She's not nearly as important outside of your little colony of shared hatreds.
The high calibre of discussion over at SeN.

There’s a lovely account reminding these rowdy Mormons that their prophet told them to act Christlike and they’re falling a little short.