Midgley leaves Colvin’s homeland, but he just can’t leave her alone.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Midgley leaves Colvin’s homeland, but he just can’t leave her alone.

Post by Marcus »

But of course we made up his posts. For example:
Midgley wrote:And I will say again that I very much both pity and pray for my friend Dr. Nathan McCluskey, who just happens to be Gina Colvin's husband, who I have also included in my prayers.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... 5421073668

Also

http://disq.us/p/2hnkf7o
This ‘made up’ and thoroughly obnoxious post was upvoted by Peterson himself.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Mr. Midgley wrote:where Gina Colvin lives, and "worships" as an Anglican
Wow, how about that. On a blog that has defined itself significantly as an advocate for general belief in God against secularism and atheism, Midgley derides Colvin's worship of God as inauthentic by putting it in scare quotes. He then goes on to further nitpick at why her faith isn't valid, and DCP laps it all right up.
DCP wrote:As you know one of their crazier myths is the crackpot notion that your last trip to New Zealand was wholly motivated by a desire to track poor Gina Colvin down and harass her
No doubt that was the primary motivation, and I have little doubt that this trip is planned as a "cover up" trip to save face from the last one. And he's managed to drag DCP into the ruse. If he's planning to go on a trip for legit reasons, why even bring it up on DCPs blog? If he needs to be defensive, he'd get more out of it by just going on the trip, and then if Colvin comes up weeks or months later, he can drop a line and say, "hey, I went again in June and didn't get within 200 miles of Colvin." That would give at least a little credibility.

Here's what he's doing:

Let's say I've been in an argument with a person who works at a dry cleaner on a certain street in the city. Three doors down from that dry cleaner happens to be a doughnut shop I like. So I go online and I start talking about how I'm going to go to this doughnut shop and while I'm there, I may stop at the dry cleaner for a little chat. I go to this employee's blog and start arguing and doling out insults. Then I head for the doughnut shop, stop in at the dry cleaner and start harassing the staff there about the person I have an issue with. Then I come back, and publicly go on a tirade about how I met this persons friends and family at the place of business, and they all liked me and agreed with me, and admitted I was right. Then, I try to tell everyone that I didn't go to that street in the city to "harass" this person, I went there to get doughnuts. Certainly, cue DCP, there are other reasons to go to that street in the city then just confront this person at the dry cleaner? Nobody would buy it.

Then, a little while later, I come online and announce, "Hey guess what everybody, I'm thinking about getting me a doughnut! And guess what? I have no intention to go to that dry cleaner, I'll even cross the street to pass by it, and so then everyone cans see that no, I'm not stalking this person. Now lets talk about how stupid everyone is who believed I went to the doughnut shop last time just to harass this person."

Ha. Two birds; one stone. Bird_1: I can show, conspicuously, that "going to the doughnut shop" is just something I do, and see, no pit stop this time. The more times I go to that shop without dropping by the dry cleaner adds credibility to the claim my business is primarily elsewhere. Bird_2: the public announcement will certainly get back the person at the dry cleaner, and now that person will have to be nervous for weeks to come, because sure, maybe I won't drop by, but just because I'm planning on not dropping by doesn't mean I won't, and what about accidental run-ins in the region with other employees?

Contrary to DCP's insisting, folks with restraining orders against them don't get away with saying, "I have legit reasons to go to that strip mall where my ex works! Like she's the only reason anybody would go to that strip mall!"
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Marcus wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 11:51 pm
But of course we made up his posts. For example:
Midgley wrote:And I will say again that I very much both pity and pray for my friend Dr. Nathan McCluskey, who just happens to be Gina Colvin's husband, who I have also included in my prayers.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... 5421073668

Also

http://disq.us/p/2hnkf7o
This ‘made up’ and thoroughly obnoxious post was upvoted by Peterson himself.
The souls that throng the flood
Are those to whom, by fate, are other bodies ow'd:
In Lethe's lake they long oblivion taste,
Of future life secure, forgetful of the past....
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 12:07 am
Lol. The last cruise the midge-ster was on, he accused someone on his cruise of pushing him down a rocky path (on purpose!) and causing him to get stitches.

Of course, nothing beats his story of when he coaxed his wife into being his getaway driver Bonnie, while he, Clyde, stole fruit from people's private yards, while they were in NZ.
On a senior mission.
Representing the lds church.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Marcus wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 12:57 am

Lol. The last cruise the midge-ster was on, he accused someone on his cruise of pushing him down a rocky path (on purpose!) and causing him to get stitches.

Of course, nothing beats his story of when he coaxed his wife into being his getaway driver Bonnie, while he, Clyde, stole fruit from people's private yards, while they were in NZ.
On a senior mission.
Representing the LDS church.
Oh my goodness! I didn't know about Midgley stealing fruit on his mission. I remember him boasting on SeN a few years back about getting someone at a New Zealand post office fired. Midgley thought it was funny.

Serious question, has Midgley ever done anything positive for the Church? It seems like Midgley has spent much of his life being physically aggressive to the women in his Ward, stalking, keeping files on people, arguing and writing really bad articles for various Mormon themed journals/blogs.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Gadianton wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 11:58 pm
... he can drop a line and say, "Hey, I went again in June and didn't get within 200 miles of Colvin." That would give at least a little credibility.
Midgley would show up on New Zealand radar as an Intercontinental Ballistic Mormon.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 1:34 am
Marcus wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 12:57 am

On a senior mission.
Representing the LDS church.
Oh my goodness! I didn't know about Midgley stealing fruit on his mission. I remember him boasting on SeN a few years back about getting someone at a New Zealand post office fired. Midgley thought it was funny.

Serious question, has Midgley ever done anything positive for the Church? It seems like Midgley has spent much of his life being physically aggressive to the women in his Ward, stalking, keeping files on people, arguing and writing really bad articles for various Mormon themed journals/blogs.
NZ on a Senior mission, AND Hawaii:
Once upon a time, my wife and I spent a month visiting four islands in Hawai'i. I liked getting up early and touring the neighborhoods and picking or picking up various wonderful fruits. And also driving the get-away car while forcing my wife to pick up fruit that we saw just going to waste.

In Point Chevalier, which is where we lived when we were in Auckland, New Zealand in 1999-2000, I liked touring around picking up Feijoas that had fallen on grass. I saw this as just making yards a bit more tidy.
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... 5372853292
My error, though.

He "forced" his wife to steal the fruit from private properties while HE drove "the get-away car."
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Louis 'Colvin' Midgley wrote: She claims that when she is elsewhere she worships as a member of the Community of Christ. The problem with this explanation is that to this point she has not yet been outside of New Zealand, and hence where there might still be some members of the Reorganization with whom she could "congregate.”
??? How the Hell does he know whether she's been outside of New Zealand yet?

He says he's not stalking her, but actions speak louder than words.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

As long as Midge makes posts like that about Gina, DP has no business complaining about this board.