a possible tragedy

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
yellowstone123
High Priest

Re: a possible tragedy

Post by yellowstone123 »

I appreciate all thoughts. Thank you to the chap of having using electricity after Friday, sundown, an atm card, mixing milk (cheese) and hamburger. We won’t even mention the bacon. I was in a city that had a Carl’s Jr. I ordered a western, bacon, cheeseburger and felt nothing.
What's faster than a .45 caliber bullet fired from a 1911 A1? The main spring of the gun below the barrel that seems to escape faster when you turn the barrel bushing with a special tool.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Marcus wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 5:12 pm
Chap wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 4:57 pm
Despite the attempts at explanation, I am still with you in looking for the point of the OP, apart from the obvious fact that (surprise!) people who don't know anything about religion X are unlikely to realise the mental stress caused to someone brought up in religion X when they transgress its commandments.

I mean, who knew?

[edited for typo]
Agreed. The 'uncontrollable sobbing' mentioned in the OP seems to be a bigger issue than any cultural differences. Why the OP focused on culture instead of that seems odd.

In the end though, it's a made up, inflammatory story, apparently told only with the intent to shame. What's the point?
I think there is a possiblity that the story is about an alcoholic who drinks more when he feels bad. The Mormon church makes him feel bad about drinking so he drinks more and blames the Mormon church. I think there are technical terms for this cheep trick alcoholics use.
yellowstone123
High Priest

Post by yellowstone123 »

Interesting point. Alcohol calms me. I suffered from mental illness since my teens but the lecture in the early 80s everyone went. Again, I’m mentally ill and alcohol helps me calm down.

Also, in about 1974 a new kid came Into our science class. His first day. He was black. After the lecture we broke up for lab. He just froze. He knew know one. After a minute I walked up to him, introduced my self and asked him to join our lab class.

In 1979 I worked in a clothing store.I just graduated from high school. Our homecoming queen of that year worked as a cashier. One time she gave me too much change. I stood about 50 feet away and looked back as the assistant manager was standing next to her. I went back and explained she gave me too much change.

Yes, I’m a drunk but those situations come up and I do the right thing. But I drink at home. Also, at 19 I had gone through the temple and then had sex. I confessed and was excommunicated. I didn’t wait 25 years to confess.

I’m reading a book titled I love Jesus but I want to die.

I’m a good guy.
What's faster than a .45 caliber bullet fired from a 1911 A1? The main spring of the gun below the barrel that seems to escape faster when you turn the barrel bushing with a special tool.
yellowstone123
High Priest

Post by yellowstone123 »

Something went wrong at the first part and even I don’t understand it. As to the only new kid in science class in 1974 who was the only black now in the school, l had know problem asking Nino to join our group. Taking the money back to the girl who was class 79 homecoming queen required more thought. I did not want to get her in trouble and as a backward hick especially with the homecoming queen. But I took back the extra change given.
yellowstone123
High Priest

Post by yellowstone123 »

And just to add. Asking Nino in 1974 was just me and natural to have him join our group. Giving the extra money back was me and just the right thing to do. When Boyd K. decided to give a little factory speech instead of a first, rock in the hat story, it was an omission, a lie, and kept millions in bondage. Accept it. I won’t even get into the end of decking his companion.
jpatterson
Area Authority

Post by jpatterson »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 6:06 am
The missionaries had no idea who this man was or what he had done. So no tragedy.
Or the lesson is that modern missionaries are so caught up in their rote way of proselytizing that they don't even see a "missionary opportunity" when it's staring them in the face.
yellowstone123
High Priest

Post by yellowstone123 »

Teenagers need their sleep, likely 930 to 430. Have them study scripture at 6 am is abused. Look @ the Utah system.