Mormon Stories finances vs. LDS finances

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Re: Mormon Stories finances vs. LDS finances

Post by Dr Moore »

jpatterson wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 11:28 pm
Dr Moore wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 11:22 pm

You’re twisting words. I said nothing about John Dehlin’s effectiveness as a CEO - that is entirely subjective anyway.
LOL twisting words. You're literally putting words in my mouth and then getting bent out of shape when I tell you that's not what I'm thinking.

You're really losing your edge, my man. When your argument is completely devoid of any facts or evidence, and all you have to rely on is "neener neener you hate John" you know you've lost. Sit this one out.
Man, JP, you really are a moron. They warned me.
jpatterson
Area Authority

Post by jpatterson »

Dr Moore wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 11:30 pm
jpatterson wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 11:28 pm

LOL twisting words. You're literally putting words in my mouth and then getting bent out of shape when I tell you that's not what I'm thinking.

You're really losing your edge, my man. When your argument is completely devoid of any facts or evidence, and all you have to rely on is "neener neener you hate John" you know you've lost. Sit this one out.
Man, JP, you really are a moron. They warned me.
Great argument. Man I don't even know how to respond to that you really put me in my place.
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

My sources tell me John is saving up for a rainy day. ;)
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

jpatterson wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 11:12 pm
Marcus wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 10:51 pm

You specifically asked me to restate the issue and I did, and yet you bypassed it again.

You said the average ceo salary for nonprofits his size is 72,000, and I quoted the 990 showing his ceo salary is 75,000. You were wrong when you implied his ceo salary was over 200k, and you still haven’t commented on the actual way the compensation is set up.

But, I suspect you know this already, which is why you tried to move the goalposts by arguing your ceo “also wears several hats” and her salary is a small percentage of (an apparently huge) revenue.

You are really not helping your argument with this.
No, you're moving the goalposts by playing the game John's accountant wants you to play.

No one cares what the "salary" vs "other compensation" is. You report to the IRS the CEO's overall compensation.
Is that so? You have a little problem then, with your 'On Being' Krista Tippet example.
jpatterson wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 10:44 pm
Here's an apples-to-apples comparison for you...

On Being is based around a podcast that was started by its CEO, Krista Tippets. She literally is the show, in the same way John is Mormon Stories.

On Being as an organization brings in $6.8 million in revenue each year. They pay their rock star, their podcast host, their foundation a little over $400,000....
So, CEO gets over $400,000....
... For companies with revenue below $10 million, median CEO total direct compensation is $200,000...
https://www.familybusinessmagazine.com/ ... 4200%2C000.
WOW. Double the national average!!!! You'd think she also hosted the damn show or something!!!!
I frankly don't care about the labels John's accountant uses to describe his compensation. Ultimately, it goes into the compensation line on the IRS filing. The rest is sophistry.
Huh. You cared in your OP. And Dr. Moore called it, or, rather, spelled it. Vendetta.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Jp,

What percent should a NP CEO skim off the top in order to be ethical, regardless of revenue?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Is Rosebud hoping to dip into some of the Church's confidential money by sending you here?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
jpatterson
Area Authority

Post by jpatterson »

Marcus wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 11:44 pm
jpatterson wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 11:12 pm

No, you're moving the goalposts by playing the game John's accountant wants you to play.

No one cares what the "salary" vs "other compensation" is. You report to the IRS the CEO's overall compensation.
Is that so? You have a little problem then, with your 'On Being' Krista Tippet example.
jpatterson wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 10:44 pm
Here's an apples-to-apples comparison for you...

On Being is based around a podcast that was started by its CEO, Krista Tippets. She literally is the show, in the same way John is Mormon Stories.

On Being as an organization brings in $6.8 million in revenue each year. They pay their rock star, their podcast host, their foundation a little over $400,000....
So, CEO gets over $400,000....
... For companies with revenue below $10 million, median CEO total direct compensation is $200,000...
https://www.familybusinessmagazine.com/ ... 4200%2C000.
WOW. Double the national average!!!! You'd think she also hosted the damn show or something!!!!
I frankly don't care about the labels John's accountant uses to describe his compensation. Ultimately, it goes into the compensation line on the IRS filing. The rest is sophistry.
Huh. You cared in your OP. And Dr. Moore called it, or, rather, spelled it. Vendetta.
Sure, you could fairly criticize Tippett's salary for being too high.

Again, you're proving my point, though. If Tippett's salary is high, John's is exorbitant. And I know Krista doesn't spend her podcast ranting and railing at the finances of churches, so she's also not a massive tool in that way.

Sorry that wasn't the "gotcha" you expected.
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

I propose a gofundme for Mr. Patterson.....Who is up for it?
jpatterson
Area Authority

Post by jpatterson »

Rivendale wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 12:32 am
I propose a gofundme for Mr. Patterson.....Who is up for it?
No thanks, I don't need the money. I know RFM has no qualms debasing himself for cash, maybe try him?
Tator
CTR B

Post by Tator »

I just wish jp would put a bandaid on his hurt butt.