The rock in the hat

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
yellowstone123
High Priest

The rock in the hat

Post by yellowstone123 »

And the types of “marriages” Joseph was involved in would have to been told to me at 18. If I was gullible and flew to Ohio in the 80s they would have to have been part of the discussions. If they left them out I would have no problem packing my bags and taking a bus home. Seeing the country between Northern Ohio and Southern Cal where I could take pictures would have been great.
What's faster than a .45 caliber bullet fired from a 1911 A1? The main spring of the gun below the barrel that seems to escape faster when you turn the barrel bushing with a special tool.
drumdude
God

Re: The rock in the hat

Post by drumdude »

I don't think the church ever hid that information, yellowstone. At least that's what I've been told by LDS apologists.

You must be misremembering, surely the missionaries fully informed you about their church's history.
yellowstone123
High Priest

Post by yellowstone123 »

*smile and laugh* and it seemed since the first day, I was writing checks to the church. Did I have to pay to stay in the brick dorms? And who was Murdoch travel.I think that was a racket. Give me peanut butter and honey sandwiches and bottles of water and a bus ticket. If there was water involved you went by boat. Sorry Dr. Shades but my dad went from San Francisco to Korea in the early 50s by boat. Half the guys were leaning over the side of the ship.
What's faster than a .45 caliber bullet fired from a 1911 A1? The main spring of the gun below the barrel that seems to escape faster when you turn the barrel bushing with a special tool.
TwoCumorahFraud
Star A

Post by TwoCumorahFraud »

yellowstone123 wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 2:18 am
And the types of “marriages” Joseph was involved in would have to been told to me at 18. If I was gullible and flew to Ohio in the 80s they would have to have been part of the discussions. If they left them out I would have no problem packing my bags and taking a bus home. Seeing the country between Northern Ohio and Southern Cal where I could take pictures would have been great.
Why do you think the RLDS Church was created in the first place? And David Whitmer refused to join the RLDS because he knew Emma was lying, so he started his own and called Joseph Smith a fallen prophet but only after he translated the plates and claimed Joseph used a rock in a hat? And why Brigham Young was upset with Emma for the same reason?

And where the Mopologists got their stuff, from Two Cumorahs to Rock in the Hat? Do you think Jack Welch and Dan Peterson were creative enough to make it up themselves or John L. Sorenson? They’re nothing but lazy plagiarizing nutjobs.

Murdoch Travel https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morris_Murdock_Travel

Was there something wrong with the Church using an outside agency for missionaries or did your plane ticket have to be scheduled in house?

Murdoch Travel got me out the country for my mission and I’m still an active member of the Church. What’s your problem? Ignorance? You never sat down on your butt and studied history because you want to be spoon fed?

https://tinyurl.com/LEHills1924bookM2C
yellowstone123
High Priest

Post by yellowstone123 »

TwocumorahFraud - as usual this flew right over my head. In the next month can you break it down and explain it like I’m five.

As to travel with Murdoch, were we given an option including a train or a thumb and/or a semi- truck pot smoking driver going that way a year prior in weekly priesthood meetings. I don’t know, maybe buying in bulk gave them a discount, but it could go the other way.

Also omissions during biyearly general conference on the rock in the hat and Joseph’s “marriages”could be considered a lie. I was in both general conferences and Saturday night general priesthood meetings and never heard about them in the 1970s. Boyd K could have changed the little factory story to the rock in the hat story.

Face it, the Baby-boomers who had this information withheld paid their tithing and a huge billion dollar corporation was built. Like my friend Steve told me at age 21 after buying his first house. “the church is a business.”
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

yellowstone123 wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 2:18 am
[The rock in the hat] And the types of “marriages” Joseph was involved in would have to been told to me at 18.
Lucky you.
If I was gullible and flew to Ohio in the 80s they would have to have been part of the discussions.
Again, lucky you.
If they left them out I would have no problem packing my bags and taking a bus home.
Since you didn't pack your bags and take a bus home, they must not have been left out. Nice!
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Nimrod
Star B

Post by Nimrod »

TwoCumorahFraud wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 10:57 am
What’s your problem? Ignorance? You never sat down on your butt and studied history because you want to be spoon fed?
The Church was more concerned about whether you touched yourself or a girl than that you knew anything about the Church, its history and its doctrine that you'd be "teaching" people. An incredible lack of qualifying questions, but they did include wholly inappropriate ones in guaging whether you were qualified to go on a proselytizing mission. But why would one expect any logic from an institution founded on the illogical?
Apologists try to shill an explanation to questioning members as though science and reason really explain and buttress their professed faith. It [sic] does not. By definition, faith is the antithesis of science and reason. Apologetics is a further deception by faith peddlers to keep power and influence.
yellowstone123
High Priest

Post by yellowstone123 »

As to dr shades, I came home after a month. I was not going to repeat the first month 22 more times. I’ll send you an instant message as how I got home after one month as an LDS missionary. I’m not proud but I was home. I actually should have taken the keys to the car and drove 10 miles east to Kent State. I heard they had fun there in the 80s.
BeNotDeceived
Priest

Post by BeNotDeceived »

I just about died on the floor laughing watching Nellie pantomime putting his head into a hat, clearly he was uncomfortable and how in the world are you not disingenuous and looking to deceive by saying 'we have suggesitons how it was done'??? :lol: You can't make up this stuff (well, actually, Smith did)... :x

https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comme ... ormal_and/
yellowstone123
High Priest

Post by yellowstone123 »

Remember Emma saying his face was completely pushed in to block out any light. Todays historical artist have him casually looking in himself. Todays missionaries need to tell that story to potential converts who are looking for the true church. Leave the Book of Mormon with them, have them fast and pray about it, and return in a month to see what their views were on the restoration.