Boyd K. Packard’s little factory speech

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: Boyd K. Packard’s little factory speech

Post by Moksha »

yellowstone123 wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 3:36 pm
Decking his companion whether a district, zone or assistant to the president should have the missionary released, placed in an apartment and face criminal and civil liabilities.
True blue Mormons would view such aggression as a sign of manliness and mandated by their proclamation on the family.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

The OP seems to be more about the fact that the missionary got a pass on decking his missionary companion, which could have been potentially life threatening. We know more today than we did back then about head injuries, and now have CT scans that may not have been around back then.

I don’t know of anyone who hasn’t masturbated, but I haven’t polled people either. If I asked, I might get decked. I would agree that masturbation does not often lead to addiction.

I do think the more you have intercourse, the more often you tend to want it. And, perhaps the less you engage in it, maybe it is easier put it to the back of your mind. It may be the same with masturbation. If what I’ve said is true, it would probably be best for missionaries to follow Packer’s advice while on mission.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Nimrod
Star B

Post by Nimrod »

msnobody wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 11:47 pm
The OP seems to be more about the fact that the missionary got a pass on decking his missionary companion, which could have been potentially life threatening. We know more today than we did back then about head injuries, and now have CT scans that may not have been around back then.

I don’t know of anyone who hasn’t masturbated, but I haven’t polled people either. If I asked, I might get decked. I would agree that masturbation does not often lead to addiction.

I do think the more you have intercourse, the more often you tend to want it. And, perhaps the less you engage in it, maybe it is easier put it to the back of your mind. It may be the same with masturbation. If what I’ve said is true, it would probably be best for missionaries to follow Packer’s advice while on mission.
"We know more today than we did back then..."? We are talking about men who claim to be talking to an all-knowing being. Your argument here is an utter FAIL. God needed CT scans to know everything? FAIL.

Humans learn. Do something that results in pain, once you realize the association, you stop doing the 'something.' Do something that feels good (causes endorphins to release in the brain, which reduces pain and stress) and guess what, you want to do it more. Is there a reason the LDS church wants its missionaries to feel more pain and anxiety?
Apologists try to shill an explanation to questioning members as though science and reason really explain and buttress their professed faith. It [sic] does not. By definition, faith is the antithesis of science and reason. Apologetics is a further deception by faith peddlers to keep power and influence.
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

Nimrod wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 12:12 am
msnobody wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 11:47 pm

"We know more today than we did back then..."? We are talking about men who claim to be talking to an all-knowing being. Your argument here is an utter FAIL. God needed CT scans to know everything? FAIL.

Humans learn. Do something that results in pain, once you realize the association, you stop doing the 'something.' Do something that feels good (causes endorphins to release in the brain, which reduces pain and stress) and guess what, you want to do it more. Is there a reason the LDS church wants its missionaries to feel more pain and anxiety?
Your first paragraph makes little if any sense to me. I was just talking about head injuries, nothing more. As a separate thought, the GA gave a pass to the missionary who decked the other guy, which I think the original poster was pointing out as being wrong. I am one of those dimly lit never-mo’s, who does not see the GAs as being inspired by God. I’m that clanging cymbal they warned you about.

I’m think I may understand your second paragraph.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

One fine night, they leave the pool hall
Heading for the dance at the Arm'ry
Libertine men and scarlet women, and ragtime, shameless music
That'll grab your son, your daught with the arms of a jungle, animal instinct
Mass-staria
Friends, the idle brain is the devil's playground

Trouble! (oh we got trouble)
Right here in River City! (right here in River City)
With a capital "T" and that rhymes with "P" and that stands for pool!
(That stands for pool)
We've surely got trouble (we've surely got trouble)
Right here in River City (right here)
Gotta figure out a way to keep the young ones moral after school
(Our children's children gonna have trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble...)

https://youtu.be/LI_Oe-jtgdI
slskipper
Sunbeam

Post by slskipper »

Back to OP's point: absolutely physical assault is condoned by the LDS church. This the same group that brought you Mountain Meadows and Fort Utah and Warren Snow (look it up). This is the church that bases its whole theology on the notion that we re in a constant state of war which will end with the grandest battle the world has ever seen. So assaulting another young man is right up their alley, and you can bet your bottom dollar that Kirton-McDonkey would be all over it to ensure that nobody could ever hold the church accountable.
yellowstone123
High Priest

Post by yellowstone123 »

GOOgle one punch deaths.
What's faster than a .45 caliber bullet fired from a 1911 A1? The main spring of the gun below the barrel that seems to escape faster when you turn the barrel bushing with a special tool.
yellowstone123
High Priest

Post by yellowstone123 »

Mutual masturbation never entered my thought process in the 70s. Maybe if I walked into the wrong room, looked at it on a movie and quickly walk out. Who was Kimball talking to to get these types of thoughts. To me it’s repulsive.
What's faster than a .45 caliber bullet fired from a 1911 A1? The main spring of the gun below the barrel that seems to escape faster when you turn the barrel bushing with a special tool.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

yellowstone123 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 9:14 pm
Mutual masturbation never entered my thought process in the 70s. Maybe if I walked into the wrong room, looked at it on a movie, and quickly walked out. Who was Kimball talking to get these types of thoughts? To me it’s repulsive.
What's even stranger is to keep your hands off the wheel and put your shoulder to it instead. Even with ships of "curious construction" this seems like an odd way of steering them. Like, you would have to be snorting rather than drinking the Kool-Aid.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
yellowstone123
High Priest

Post by yellowstone123 »

Okay, fu, I’m drunk., you academics. me and iwo lapd officers are looking for a two day old baby likely positive for heroine and booze.we find her , it’s 1 am we find the baby who is put in foster care at two am and central and rosecrans in Coomton.You academics are a Pusey’s arguing such things. Let’s see you in a knife fighting the trenches.
, you anew pusssy including DCP who grew up in the area.pusssys you all are arguing academics while we fight in therenchs with knifes,