DCP Claims He Is Finally Going To Do Something About His Emails

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: DCP Claims He Is Finally Going To Do Something About His Emails

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

DCP slips up ans states his “email” stalker makes multiple “posts” about him every day, and that he made a record 13 “posts” about him in a day.

These 2000 emails should be shared with the FBI, in my opinion. If they’re, you know, emails. If they’re just a catalogue of posts somewhere then I dunno. Don’t care.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

My guess is that DCP has no idea who this emailer is. I find the whole phenomenon completely obnoxious all around. I think the constant stream of nasty emails is tedious.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 1:09 pm
My guess is that DCP has no idea who this emailer is. I find the whole phenomenon completely obnoxious all around. I think the constant stream of nasty emails is tedious.
He could possibly make email filtering his friend. It's easy, in many cases, to send certain messages directly to either the Spam folder or to the Trash, so that the recipient never need see even the subject lines, never mind the content.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

malkie wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 4:32 pm
He could possibly make email filtering his friend. It's easy, in many cases, to send certain messages directly to either the Spam folder or to the Trash, so that the recipient never need see even the subject lines, never mind the content.
Yes! I suggested the same solution to him when he emailed me and Shades about it a long time ago. I don’t recall exactly what he said, but it was something to the effect that he thought it was important for him to know about such troubled opponents.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 5:17 pm
malkie wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 4:32 pm
Yes! I suggested the same solution to him when he emailed me and Shades about it a long time ago. I don’t recall exactly what he said, but it was something to the effect that he thought it was important for him to know about such troubled opponents.
Clearly we should shut this board down because some unrelated illiterate bozo sends DCP a lot of emails.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Kishkumen wrote: I think the constant stream of nasty emails is tedious.
I'm sure the 2,000 repetitions of the event that day at the library within the mind has also been tedious.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

drumdude wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 5:26 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 5:17 pm

Clearly we should shut this board down because some unrelated illiterate bozo sends DCP a lot of emails.
Oh fundamentally. Yes it has to be horrific on DCP. Fundamentally horrific. Perhaps the Creator can take notice and stop the earth spinning for a few days until the louse bothering Peterson stops pestering him. I mean it just has to be horrific. Truly horrific. The lurid sensationalism just grates horrifically I am more than sure. We, in fact, here on this very board, are losing sleep over this horrific nightmare scenario. I yawn of horrific tiredness as I type.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Over very nearly the past eleven years, I’ve received thousands of email messages from an anonymous admirer reminding me that I’m ugly, a loser, an embarrassment to my family, a blight on academia, a joke, childish and immature, a mindless and dishonest bootlicker to the Brethren, a mercenary hack, an exploiter of poor tithe payers, and so forth. (The themes seldom vary much. Lately, my correspondent has been averaging probably about five or six such notes daily, although the number of them sent in a day has sometimes risen to at least thirteen.)
So much for doing something about this supposed problem. Methinks he enjoys the attention too much. And he will never pass up a chance to improperly associate this forum with the emailer. It’s a convenient tool to fool his followers into thinking that all criticism of DCP online must be equally insane as those emails.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

You could time stamp that post 5 years in the future and be hailed as a prophet +/- a few months. He will never block those emails. Just as he will never stop griping about them. He treats them like special gifts. I am certain he has an inbox rule to tag and filter them, and that they are among the first emails he opens each morning. Like a junkie looking for a fix.
I Have Questions
2nd Counselor

Post by I Have Questions »

Dr Moore wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:16 am
You could time stamp that post 5 years in the future and be hailed as a prophet +/- a few months. He will never block those emails. Just as he will never stop griping about them. He treats them like special gifts. I am certain he has an inbox rule to tag and filter them, and that they are among the first emails he opens each morning. Like a junkie looking for a fix.
I agree. There are so many ways that he could have dealt with this, years and years ago, that one can only conclude that he gets something affirming from them (I've assumed they really do exist - which is by no means a proven plausibility). Methinks the Drama Queen doth protest too much...