Contemporaries.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
yellowstone123
High Priest

Contemporaries.

Post by yellowstone123 »

When people suggest Joseph Smith was just a sign of his time, I say okay. Joseph Smith jr. born 1805, Abraham Lincoln born 1809, Victor Hugo 1802. Let’s look at the date of births of Lincoln’s war cabinet and the life they lived. How about Justice John Marshall Harland who dissented in Plessy vs Ferguson and let’s compare their value to society.

Brigham Young should have kept building fire places like he did for the Governor of New York. When Brigham Young was out campaigning for Joseph Smith Jr. for president, Abraham Lincoln was out campaigning for Henry Clay for President. When people say Joseph Smith was a sign of his times, read about Lincoln and his war cabinet to see who lead an honorable life.
What's faster than a .45 caliber bullet fired from a 1911 A1? The main spring of the gun below the barrel that seems to escape faster when you turn the barrel bushing with a special tool.
Fence Sitter
High Priest

Re: Contemporaries.

Post by Fence Sitter »

What do you mean by "Joseph Smith was just a sign of his times"? Or, at least, what do you think those that suggested it meant by it?
yellowstone123
High Priest

Re: Contemporaries.

Post by yellowstone123 »

It’s not me who said he was a sign of his times. If I said that I was wrong. Reading biographies of the Lincoln war cabinet is to read about honorable men during that time. As to Joseph Smith jr, who reportedly saw God but his life was filled with fear especially in Illinois. FOR ME, not conduct from someone who saw God.
What's faster than a .45 caliber bullet fired from a 1911 A1? The main spring of the gun below the barrel that seems to escape faster when you turn the barrel bushing with a special tool.