Robert Boylan says Protestantism is “Satanic”

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
dastardly stem
God

Re: Robert Boylan says Protestantism is “Satanic”

Post by dastardly stem »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 5:36 pm
huckelberry wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 5:00 pm
Perhaps I have a second thought which though obvious I should add because of my previous comment. I think using Satanic as an adjective for something implies a rotten or negative to the core quality.With that sort of meaning I do not think any religious group qualifies. It remains true that religious groups make mistakes, can come up with understandings which are harmful and actually commit evil acts.

There are times some groups come painfully close but still the word Satanic does not help understanding but instead is a block to understanding the humanity of errors and bad choices.
It’s also just completely uncool to impugn one of the largest branches of Christianity. He does not take it kindly when ignorant Christians call Mormonism Satanic, demonic, or un-Christian, so he should not be leveling this kind of charge at so many fellow Christians.
Hes trying to make noise and get some attention. You almost have to do that if you intend to make moneys in our social media world, if you’re supporting a lowly religion like Mormonism. Every time I see a Protestant call Mormonism Satanic, I get what they’re saying. Even back when I believed and they’d do it, I took it in stride. No big deal.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 5:36 pm
It’s also just completely uncool to impugn one of the largest branches of Christianity. He does not take it kindly when ignorant Christians call Mormonism Satanic, demonic, or un-Christian, so he should not be leveling this kind of charge at so many fellow Christians.
Could being whacked out on apologetics serve as an explanation or excuse?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Moksha wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 3:53 pm
Could being whacked out on apologetics serve as an explanation or excuse?
I mean, Mopologetics has proven toxic, so, I suppose, but I think it is worth pointing out how counter the behavior of Mopologists is to the Christianity they claim they practice.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow