DCP continues to trash gemli.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Marcus
God

DCP continues to trash gemli.

Post by Marcus »

Speaking of mean-spiritedness:
DCP wrote: Incidentally, for whatever it’s worth, this board’s longtime resident atheist — now voluntarily departed from our midst, presumably to continue reciting his creed elsewhere — was married but childless. And he seemed to have a fairly low opinion of humans generally. Anecdotal, but certainly consistent with the data.
:roll: No wonder Peterson lost his place at the Maxwell Institute.
drumdude
God

Re: DCP continues to trash gemli.

Post by drumdude »

It would be fascinating to know how many of Daniel’s progeny have already left the faith. It wouldn’t take much atheist missionary work to get 100 percent to leave the cult, methinks. Just give it a few generations.
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

Almost coal hearted.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Makes you wonder what else is in the Midgley dossiers. Mormons working at the NSA data collection center in Bluffdale, Utah can uncover much information for Church espionage purposes.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

What a childish way to behave. Bad form, DCP.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Tom
Area Authority

Post by Tom »

I read the proprietor’s latest response with amused fascination:
[ETA: I’m disappointed that the observation immediately above has afforded an opportunity to folks on the PO Board to wax indignant, but it has. They choose to see it as hateful. (They would, of course. They always do.) It was, though, simply an observation that our longtime resident atheist, whose voluntary departure I regret, seems (for whatever reason) to have fit quite well the statistical data to which I had just referred. He could easily have come from Central Casting.]
I hope the proprietor will simply delete his ill-considered “observation.”
“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Tom wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 12:01 am
I read the proprietor’s latest response with amused fascination:
[ETA: I’m disappointed that the observation immediately above has afforded an opportunity to folks on the PO Board to wax indignant, but it has. They choose to see it as hateful. (They would, of course. They always do.) It was, though, simply an observation that our longtime resident atheist, whose voluntary departure I regret, seems (for whatever reason) to have fit quite well the statistical data to which I had just referred. He could easily have come from Central Casting.]
This does nothing to explain why DP decided to publicly proclaim Gemli’s marital and progenitorial status to the world. He could have gotten someone from “Central Casting” with a quick google search of famous atheists without children. But he decided to use Gemli.

Dig that hole a little deeper Dan. Tell us again what a nice guy all your friends think you are. How they can’t believe anyone online would think you have an incredibly unkind soul.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

DCP wrote:And he seemed to have a fairly low opinion of humans generally.
Considering how he was treated at Sic et Non, can anyone blame him?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

And DCP wonders why people send him hate mail.

"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Is that Willem Defoe's grandfather?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024