DCP continues to trash gemli.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: DCP continues to trash gemli.

Post by Marcus »

Tom wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 12:01 am
I read the proprietor’s latest response with amused fascination:
[ETA: I’m disappointed that the observation immediately above has afforded an opportunity to folks on the PO Board to wax indignant, but it has. They choose to see it as hateful. (They would, of course. They always do.) It was, though, simply an observation that our longtime resident atheist, whose voluntary departure I regret, seems (for whatever reason) to have fit quite well the statistical data to which I had just referred. He could easily have come from Central Casting.]
I hope the proprietor will simply delete his ill-considered “observation.”
Several paragraphs before DCP's ugly comments about gemli and the above addition, he posted this:
...I’ve never understood the gratification that some apparently derive from ascribing absurd views to others and then mocking those others for holding the absurd views that have been falsely ascribed to them. But, well, some manifestly do find that gambit gratifying...
He doesn't understand why it's gratifying, but admits it clearly is. I recall reading somewhere that a good strategy for getting a person to admit to something is to ask them to explain how a person might have done it. Peterson volunteers the information, without even being asked.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

[ETA: I’m disappointed that the observation immediately above has afforded an opportunity to folks on the PO Board to wax indignant, but it has. They choose to see it as hateful. (They would, of course. They always do.) It was, though, simply an observation that our longtime resident atheist, whose voluntary departure I regret, seems (for whatever reason) to have fit quite well the statistical data to which I had just referred. He could easily have come from Central Casting.]
Oh well. Misunderstandings abound.
Last edited by Kishkumen on Sat May 27, 2023 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Kishkumen wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 6:42 pm
He’s not disappointed at all. He relishes that he can say something bigoted, provoke a justly condemnatory reaction, and then successfully lie to his fans about the problem being his critics’ misperception of him.
After all... it is the church's way, blame all others, you yourself are a righteous victim.
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

malkie wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 3:18 pm
dastardly stem wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 2:05 pm
Sounds like he misses gemli and is trying to trollishly lure him back, or something to me. Poor guy. he can't get along without his nemesis, it seems.
I suspect that the DiscussMormonism Obsession Blog he runs would be a lot leaner in content if he were to stop commenting on what happens here.
Indeed!
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

dastardly stem wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 12:47 pm
malkie wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 3:18 pm

I suspect that the DiscussMormonism Obsession Blog he runs would be a lot leaner in content if he were to stop commenting on what happens here.
Indeed!
DP started calling it the “Discussing Mormons” forum when we were talking about Mike Parker more than him.