Correcting the Record

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Re: Correcting the Record

Post by drumdude »

Tom wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 6:30 pm
drumdude wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 5:12 pm

Go Dan!
I was amused by the addendum. The DMOB proprietor referred to this board as “elsewhere.”
It must be tiring for him to constantly be referring to events and people here in such a childish way.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Tom wrote:
drumdude wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 5:12 pm

Go Dan!
I was amused by the addendum. The DMOB proprietor referred to this board as “elsewhere.”
Not "erewhon"?
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

It must be tiring for him to constantly be referring to events and people here in such a childish way.
Actually, he was being kind to me in not connecting my in real life identity to the board. I view it as a generous act that is much kinder than I deserved.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Tom
Area Authority

Post by Tom »

drumdude wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 6:35 pm
Tom wrote:

I noticed a recent comment in which he expressed unhappiness about Philo Sofee, Kishkumen, Dr. Scratch, and Everybody Wang Chung. It seems that he does respect Physics Guy to some extent.

“Elsewhere” is probably better than POB.
“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857
Tom
Area Authority

Post by Tom »

malkie wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 8:29 pm
Tom wrote:

Not "erewhon"?
LOL. I recall reading and enjoying Butler’s classic satire while in grade school. But that was a few years ago now.
“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Tom wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 8:40 pm
drumdude wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 6:35 pm

I noticed a recent comment in which he expressed unhappiness about Philo Sofee, Kishkumen, Dr. Scratch, and Everybody Wang Chung. It seems that he does respect Physics Guy to some extent.

“Elsewhere” is probably better than POB.
He did mention Kerry by name. He’s attempted to dox Everybody Wang Chung. And of course he is famously obsessed with unmasking Dr. Scratch.

There’s a lot of members here who have been living rent free in his head for a long time.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 8:40 pm
Actually, he was being kind to me in not connecting my in real life identity to the board. I view it as a generous act that is much kinder than I deserved.
If I recall correctly, though, he did make reference to your location and profession, and hinted about how he suspected that your employers may not think highly of your participation here. By doing so he made it easier for a malicious actor to connect the two. (I also seem to remember that Will S hinted about how to find you.)

Or am I imagining things?
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

“DCP” wrote: My problem with Kishkumen isn't his views on the Church. We disagree deeply on a number of important issues in that regard, but that's not the problem. You and I probably disagree on a very similar list of issues. In fact, like you, he's expressed considerable fondness for the Church on a number of occasions, both on his board and, privately, to me. I think, in fact, that he's attending church these days, and I'm happy about that, and wish the best for him.

The problem is the way he treats certain others, the way he personalizes his disagreements. And I'm not referring merely to the insulting, nasty, and unjust way that he treats me -- and treats me and treats me and treats me, in hundreds of posts annually, day in and day out, year after year -- but the vile and ferocious way he treats a number of other Latter-day Saints, some of whom actually post over at his board and some of whom have never appeared there at all. Taunting, mocking, insulting, maligning, sneering, defaming -- it's acutely painful to watch. Even when, sometimes, I think he actually has a point, the uncharitable, gleeful, seemingly sadistic reviling in which he indulges himself at the expense of his targeted victims makes me almost sick to my stomach. I expect such things from a number of those there; I think some of them may be seriously unhinged. But I'm disheartened to see such things coming from him.

Disagreement is one thing. Hateful nastiness is quite another.

I get it that he dislikes major aspects of my writing on Mormon subjects. Fine. We disagree. I think his criticisms are unfair. But he's become more and more vicious, it seems to me, as time has passed, and particularly so in recent weeks and months. I've compared it to the absorption of Weston by the Unman in C. S. Lewis's Perelandra, and also to the vanishing of Sméagol into Gollum. I was serious with those comparisons, and I regard Kishkumen's apparent evolution as deeply, deeply sad.

Finally, by the way, I've been struck by the fact that, as the passionately inflamed Kishkumen posts more and more, and ever more intemperately, on the alleged evils of "Mopologetics" and "Mopologists" (especially me), the obsessive and coldly implacable Scratch, whose never-ending theme for seven years has been, precisely, the alleged evils of "Mopologetics" and "Mopologists" (especially me), has all but vanished. Very strange.
https://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/60 ... he-church/

I had no idea we had a vile sadist in our midst. Kish, you’ve been hiding it so well! :lol:
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

oh brother...
me...me...me!
that about sums it up.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

DCP
but the vile and ferocious way he treats a number of other Latter-day Saints, some of whom actually post over at his board and some of whom have never appeared there at all. Taunting, mocking, insulting, maligning, sneering, defaming -- it's acutely painful to watch. Even when, sometimes, I think he actually has a point, the uncharitable, gleeful, seemingly sadistic reviling in which he indulges himself at the expense of his targeted victims makes me almost sick to my stomach.
Gosh, I thought Midgley and Smoot have stopped posting over at the DCP whine board. Are they aware of his actual feelings of their contributions to Mopologetics? I knew Neville felt this way about Peter Pan, so this is an interesting development.