Correcting the Record

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
malkie
God

Re: Correcting the Record

Post by malkie »

I can only imagine that, over the years, multitudes of DM board members must have requested mod action on the " uncharitable, gleeful, seemingly sadistic reviling in which [Kishkumen] indulges himself". They must be run off their feet (or fingers).

Believe me, I'm grateful that the worst I have suffered at his hands is only occasional gentle correction. Perhaps I should close my account now in case the vile Kish notices that he has not abused me in a sufficiently foul manner, and decides to set that particular record straight.

Goodbye, cruel Kish!
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

drumdude wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 9:02 pm
He did mention Kerry by name. He’s attempted to dox Everybody Wang Chung. And of course he is famously obsessed with unmasking Dr. Scratch.

There’s a lot of members here who have been living rent free in his head for a long time.
Yep! I am not saying that there isn’t a lot of bad blood between this board and DCP. Certainly there is. There are times, however, when I feel it is better to step back from the mutual antagonism. Most of the time I would prefer not to pay attention to what goes on in the world of DCP, but then he is so entangled in much of what goes on in apologetics. If he isn’t directly involved, then his friends often are. And time and again I don’t like what I see. A good example is Bradshaw’s shady use of the Bruno, Literski, and Swick manuscript. That smelled bad to me, I said something about it, and before you know it I had unhappy emails in my box. Lately it has been the Neville business. The more that opened up, the more I was seeing really gross behavior among the younger Mopologists. It is hard to refrain from comment on this stuff. It should be rejected by everyone, but sadly it is not.

On this occasion it was actually my “gentle pushback” on the thread about colonialism that led to DCP needling me in an unflattering way. Honestly, it bugged me. Here I am trying to be reasonable, and what do I get but grief? So, I started shooting off pretty blunt comments, and, waddya know? Unhappy emails. An pretty ugly exchange really. I regretted it, as I usually do when I unload like that. I think it is clear that DCP and I will not ever be on really good terms. He and I see things too differently. He honestly thinks I am a really bad guy. Indeed, he told me as much in our email exchange. But, hey, what do we see in him? And I don’t think it is healthy for people to find ugliness in each other. I am not better for it.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

malkie wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 1:19 am
I can only imagine that, over the years, multitudes of DM board members must have requested mod action on the " uncharitable, gleeful, seemingly sadistic reviling in which [Kishkumen] indulges himself". They must be run off their feet (or fingers).

Believe me, I'm grateful that the worst I have suffered at his hands is only occasional gentle correction. Perhaps I should close my account now in case the vile Kish notices that he has not abused me in a sufficiently foul manner, and decides to set that particular record straight.

Goodbye, cruel Kish!
There are people here and there who really dislike me and think I am a bad guy. I remember when AristotleSmith registered here after being away for years to tell me I was the reason he left. He then proceeded to detail how I bugged the crap out of him. Well, what is a person to do?

Honestly, I think the problem is that people take me for being a contrarian and inconsistent person, when I look at what I am doing as weighing different points of view as fairly as I can. I accept that some people don’t care for what I do.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Kish, you're alright in my book. You've gone after me pretty hard on occasion, but in retrospect it was probably deserved.

Last edited by Everybody Wang Chung on Sun May 28, 2023 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 1:32 am

On this occasion it was actually my “gentle pushback” on the thread about colonialism that led to DCP needling me in an unflattering way. Honestly, it bugged me. Here I am trying to be reasonable, and what do I get but grief? So, I started shooting off pretty blunt comments, and, waddya know? Unhappy emails. An pretty ugly exchange really. I regretted it, as I usually do when I unload like that. I think it is clear that DCP and I will not ever be on really good terms. He and I see things too differently. He honestly thinks I am a really bad guy. Indeed, he told me as much in our email exchange. But, hey, what do we see in him? And I don’t think it is healthy for people to find ugliness in each other. I am not better for it.
Wow… “a really bad guy”? I bet this email exchange was a sight to behold. With Gemli gone, DCP has no one to pick fights with on SeN and so he has turned his attention back to this board. I predict that his posting is going to become increasingly shrill.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Unhappy emails
Sounds like you and he have a similar problem.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 2:34 am
Kishkumen wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 1:32 am

Wow… “a really bad guy”? I bet this email exchange was a sight to behold. With Gemli gone, DCP has no one to pick fights with on SeN and so he has turned his attention back to this board. I predict that his posting is going to become increasingly shrill.
Let me get this straight. If DCP doesn't like a comment by Kish, he will email Kish to needle and berate him?

Folks, that is completely batsh@t crazy.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 1:38 am
malkie wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 1:19 am

Goodbye, cruel Kish!
There are people here and there who really dislike me and think I am a bad guy. I remember when AristotleSmith registered here after being away for years to tell me I was the reason he left. He then proceeded to detail how I bugged the crap out of him. Well, what is a person to do?

Honestly, I think the problem is that people take me for being a contrarian and inconsistent person, when I look at what I am doing as weighing different points of view as fairly as I can. I accept that some people don’t care for what I do.
You’ve consistently been one of the most even headed posters here. It blows my mind that DCP compared you to gollum.

I can’t think of anything else that highlights DCP’s deranged view of critics better than that.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 2:53 am
Doctor Scratch wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 2:34 am
Let me get this straight. If DCP doesn't like a comment by Kish, he will email Kish to needle and berate him?

Folks, that is completely batsh@t crazy.
I seem to recall a couple of times when DCP didn't like posts and threads by other posters here, and he still emailed kishkumen to complain.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

You’ve consistently been one of the most even headed posters here. It blows my mind that DCP compared you to gollum.

I can’t think of anything else that highlights DCP’s deranged view of critics better than that.
I do find it revealing, especially when you consider that guys like Kiwi57 and Midgley are fully embraced as warm friends. This is why I think that defending LDSism is the pass these guys give themselves to behave in frankly appalling ways.

I criticize people here and try regularly to be as fair as I can, but in his eyes I’m morally corrupt and turning into gollum. It’s really difficult to wrap one’s mind around that kind of assessment, but I have no reason to think he does not actually see it that way.

I do admit to losing my temper and saying unkind things here and there. But I imagine the biggest difference is made by the fact that I am a critic of apologetics and the leaders of the LDS Church. I should think that this alone has to put me in the baddie category.
Last edited by Kishkumen on Sun May 28, 2023 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.