Robert Boylan desperately wants a debate

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: Robert Boylan desperately wants a debate

Post by Moksha »

Perhaps Elder Boylan could give a lecture on Refraining from Beer during a Putsch.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Id love to see someone here call him out to debate the scriptural justification for the second anointing, having your calling and election made sure.

He can’t defend it because it is antithetical to all Christian doctrine except Mormonland where everything is fabricated out of thin air.
Bill_Billiams
Star B

Post by Bill_Billiams »

dastardly stem wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 3:29 pm
“I’m gonna set up a debate with someone I don’t know, not knowing if he cares for the debate thing or not, I’ll pick the topic and if he declines I’ll call him a coward.”
This isn't even the first time Boylan has done this. He tries to set up these debates to give himself every possible advantage and then declares victory when his target says "no thanks."

You'll never catch Boylan challenge Sam Shamoun or James White to a debate. He knows it wouldn't go well for him and his ego means too much to him.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

He wants to debate sola scripture and baptismal regeneration. this sounds like he has picked a couple of targets he can easily attack. Sola scripture is a policy or strategy adopted by the reformation to get behind doctrinal developments in Catholicism seen as problematic. What is there to debate? the whole comparison of RC and Protestantism? Baptismal regeneration touches a group of considerations and does not really have a definitive understanding. I do not think there is a conclusive LDS view (other than closer to Catholic than to Calvin).

I think a person invited to such a debate might suspect a set up.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

huckelberry wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 11:29 pm
He wants to debate sola scripture and baptismal regeneration. this sounds like he has picked a couple of targets he can easily attack. Sola scripture is a policy or strategy adopted by the reformation to get behind doctrinal developments in Catholicism seen as problematic. What is there to debate? the whole comparison of RC and Protestantism? Baptismal regeneration touches a group of considerations and does not really have a definitive understanding. I do not think there is a conclusive LDS view (other than closer to Catholic than to Calvin).

I think a person invited to such a debate might suspect a set up.
Spot on.