Is DCP being slandered here?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
MsJack
Deacon

Re: Is DCP being slandered here?

Post by MsJack »

William G wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 7:50 pm
Could I inquire as to the nature of the board's fixation with Dr. Peterson? Nine of the twenty-five threads on the first page are either about Peterson or are having a discussion about him. I just performed a fast scan of the threads. When it comes to Dr. Peterson, I'm sorry, but that's simply strange, and it's getting dangerously close to the point where this board, taken as a whole, has an obsession compulsive condition. Have the members of the board here run out of topics to discuss, or has Peterson transformed the guys in this room into a collection of fan boys?
This thread explains it pretty well:

viewtopic.php?p=2683983#p2683983

For my own part, I avoid most of the DCP threads. I do periodically gawk at the antics of ill-behaved Mormon apologists as one gawks at a dumpster fire.

But hang around dumpster fires for too long and you'll come home smelling like both smoke and trash.
BA, Classics, Brigham Young University
MA, American Religious History, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
PhD Student, Church History, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

William G wrote:
Could I inquire as to the nature of the board's fixation with Dr. Peterson? Nine of the twenty-five threads on the first page are either about Peterson or are having a discussion about him. I just performed a fast scan of the threads. When it comes to Dr. Peterson, I'm sorry, but that's simply strange, and it's getting dangerously close to the point where this board, taken as a whole, has an obsession compulsive condition. Have the members of the board here run out of topics to discuss, or has Peterson transformed the guys in this room into a collection of fan boys?
This board started from a clash with FARMS apologists, continued with that clash, sometimes with these same apologists as regular posters here, and has not stopped criticizing the same style of apologetics. I think it is pretty self-explanatory for those who know the style of aggressive, obnoxious, and bullying apologetics FARMS was long known for.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

William G wrote:

William G,

Don't be a dodo and lump everyone here as having an obsession with dumb Dr. Peterson. I don't have an obsession with him and it would be just as well if I never heard about him again notwithstanding Doctor Scratch.

Now, if you want some good threads to read, I've got lots of them up in the Celestial forum and they don't focus on Peterson but do occasionally bring up some of his apologetic antics and he is challenged. How about you go up the Celestial forum and find something there that interest you? I've got several threads on the first few pages that may interest you.

What are you interested in, if I may ask?

Shulem
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

It is eyebrow raising that DCP hasn't grasped the simplest way to get rid of slander is simply to begin producing quality written research. Quit worrying about your own ego and produce material that is fun to read, and worthy of thinking about. Produce stuff that isn't worried about showing your own religion is the only true and living religion on the face of the entire universe, and give us something worth our time already. Good gawd do you have to turn 88 years old before grasping this simple idea?!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

William G wrote:
Have the members of the board here run out of topics to discuss, or has Peterson transformed the guys in this room into a collection of fan boys?
Well, we have discussed many topics and Dr. Peterson's sense of humor can be rather winsome. Better to have fanboys who can help him maintain a degree of humility than a dagger-wielding horde of sycophants.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

William G wrote:
Absolutely not. Some of "the guys in this room" are girls.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:39 am
William G wrote:
:mrgreen:
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:39 am
William G wrote:
:lol: