Looks like MopologistGPT has been reborn

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Looks like MopologistGPT has been reborn

Post by Dr Moore »

… at LDSBOT.com.

Have fun. I certainly am enjoying testing its limits.

One of which seems to be that it walks away from conversations if you pin it down to uncomfortable facts and don’t accept it’s apologetically squishy responses.
drumdude
God

Re: Looks like MopologistGPT has been reborn

Post by drumdude »

I wonder if you can get it to reveal whatever pre-prompts are built in to keep it outputting faithful answers.

I very much doubt it is a custom trained model. More likely just a repurposed version of one of the popular ones.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

drumdude wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:55 pm
I wonder if you can get it to reveal whatever pre-prompts are built in to keep it outputting faithful answers.

I very much doubt it is a custom trained model. More likely just a repurposed version of one of the popular ones.
It looks to have been custom trained on LDS website information, FAIR, and other apologetic sources. The faq says it’s biased to be faithful in responding.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Interesting if it is. Is it a guy in his garage with a couple Nvidia graphics cards, or is it a larger church funded operation?

When playing around with it, every discussion ends with “your testimony should be based on personal experience and not focus on the details. Stop nit picking and pray more.”
hauslern
1st Counselor

Post by hauslern »

When trying to interrogate it about the Book of Abraham i received this:

"t's important to approach prayer with sincerity and openness to receive Heavenly Father's guidance. If you have prayed about the Book of Abraham and feel uncertain about its authenticity, it may be worthwhile to continue studying and pondering, as well as praying for further understanding and insight.

Spiritual questions and doubts can be a normal part of one's faith journey, and they often lead to personal growth and stronger testimonies. Remember that faith is a key component of learning and growing in the gospel.

Furthermore, having discussions with others who share your faith, even if they have different perspectives, can help you deepen your understanding and strengthen your testimony. Although scholarly perspectives can provide insights, ultimately, personal prayer and reliance on the Holy Ghost's guidance will be essential in resolving questions and concerns about gospel topics.

I'm here to help and provide information about the Latter-day Saint faith or other questions you may have. Please feel free to ask any additional questions or share your thoughts! 😊"

STOP
hauslern
1st Counselor

Post by hauslern »

https://mormonr.org/qnas/QKJuCb/book_of ... facsimiles

They seem honest about the alterations to the facsimiles or incorrect restorations. Did the standing figure in fac 1 wear a mask? Or was it the head of Anubis? Did Min in Fac 2 display a penis?

But it all ends up with why don't you pray about it?
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Post by Alphus and Omegus »

Seems to be offline now.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

I'd say it's pretty good. They can relay all member email to the Brethren to this thing and get the answer the Church wants them to have.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

YOU
what is a mopologist?

A "Mopologist" is a casual, informal term that some people use when referring to Mormon apologists. Mormon apologists are individuals who engage in the defense of the beliefs, teachings, and history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. They typically respond to criticisms, address concerns, and provide explanations or evidences to support their faith. Keep in mind, though, that "Mopologist" is not an official title or role within the Church. Many members appreciate the work of apologists, while others might prefer different ways of learning or sharing their faith. 😊
YOU
what are internet Mormons and chapel Mormons?

"Internet Mormons" and "Chapel Mormons" are informal terms that people sometimes use to describe different ways that Church members engage with their faith.

"Internet Mormons" usually refers to Latter-day Saints who discuss, debate, and defend their beliefs in online forums, social media, or other digital platforms. They might be more aware of, and open to, discussing controversial topics or historical issues related to the Church. They can also be those who prefer to use digital channels to interact with their faith and share experiences.

"Chapel Mormons," on the other hand, often refers to Church members who engage with their faith primarily through attending worship services and participating in local ward or stake activities. They might be less inclined to discuss controversial topics or delve into Church history. People often associate this term with members who focus on the more traditional aspects of Church participation and community.

It's important to remember that both terms are unofficial and generalizations. Most Latter-day Saints likely fall somewhere on a spectrum between the two. The most important thing is to recognize that everyone is on their own spiritual journey, and we can learn from and support each other along the way. 😊
YOU
Who is Robert Boylan?

Robert Boylan is a Latter-day Saint scholar and blogger who focuses on Mormon theology, history, and apologetics. He responds to criticisms and analyzes various topics related to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, including scriptural interpretation, controversial issues, and historical events. He has published articles and maintains a blog where he shares his views and engages in conversations about the Church and its teachings.

It's important to remember that scholars, bloggers, and apologists have their perspectives and interpretations, which might not always align with the official doctrine or views of the Church. If you have any questions or concerns about Church teachings or history, I'm here to help you find answers based on Latter-day Saint texts and traditions! 😊
YOU
who is dan mcclellan?

It was great chatting with you. If you'd like to chat with an AI about topics other than religion and the gospel, I suggest you check out ChatGPT. 😇 Have a nice day!
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

:lol:

Like a good Mormon missionary, it knows to walk away when it doesn't sense a potential sale.