Boylan the Debater

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Bill_Billiams
Star B

Boylan the Debater

Post by Bill_Billiams »

I think mopologist and beggar extraordinaire Robert Boylan is rapidly achieving lolcow status.

Yesterday on his insipid blog Boylan posted an interaction with a Christian who was critical of the Mormon view of the priesthood. Boylan challenged him to a debate. The Christian told Boylan he would be more interested in doing a simple discussion on the topic. Boylan then started coping and calling the Christian a coward for not debating him. Why would Boylan refuse to discuss the topic with the Christian and instead insist only on a debate? One thing is for sure. The the blog post and screenshots make Boylan look dishonest and unhinged since there isn't a single screenshot in which the Christian actually agrees to a debate and then backs out. Rather, the Christian consistently asks for a discussion which Boylan refuses in favor of a debate.

One can examine Boylan's meltdown here. Or if you don't feel like giving Boylan the traffic you can just #trustmebro.
http://scripturalmormonism.blogspot.com/?m=1

Asinine debate challenges seem to be one of Boylan's primary lols production methods as he does it on a regular basis. As far as I can tell he has challenged at least ten Christians or exmos who are critical of the LDS church to debates in which he has already picked the topic and the moderator. When they politely refuse the bizarre challenge he rages and calls them cowards. He once hilariously challenged a YouTuber in a comment section of a video that had over 5000 comments. After recieving no response (as its highly unlikely she even say the comment), he sent the young lady an insulting email and declared victory. Boylan's toadies regularly claim that he has challenged Christian debaters like James White to debate him but they can never seem to produce any evidence. I did a brief search of Boylan's blog and anytime he references White he appears to be volunteering other people, like Dan Peterson or Blake Ostler to debate White. It looks like Boylan knows he is on the B team.

The very few times Boylan has managed to get people to interact with him he displays all the fruits of the mopologist spirit: arrogance, petulance, and boorishness.
drumdude
God

Re: Boylan the Debater

Post by drumdude »

I’m super exited about the potential lulz from Bobby. He’s keeping the dirty nasty Mormon apologetic culture alive.
Bill_Billiams
Star B

Post by Bill_Billiams »

drumdude wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:14 pm
I’m super exited about the potential lulz from Bobby. He’s keeping the dirty nasty Mormon apologetic culture alive.
I'm also looking forward to seeing how much lols we can milk from this astute young scholar.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

I guess by the same standard that DCP and Smoot, et al., are cowards for not coming on RFM or Mormonism Live.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Has Boylan or any other Saint taken up the Shulem debate challenge?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:17 pm
Has Boylan or any other Saint taken up the Shulem debate challenge?

BABY Boylan take on Shulem? You wanna take on the big boy?

Come here little baby!

No pee your diaper.

:lol:

Time for your nap, baby.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

consiglieri wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:52 pm
I guess by the same standard that DCP and Smoot, et al., are cowards for not coming on RFM or Mormonism Live.
Have they been publicly invited?

I think you should publicly invite Boylan and James White to debate on Mormonism Live! Non-theists would be the perfect moderators.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

consiglieri wrote:

Are you ready to handle the apologists when they fully employ the Catalyst Theory for the Book of Abraham?

Are you really ready for that? I don't think so. If I was an LDS apologist, I would be glad to take Mormonism Live on and embarrass the hell out of it. Please, for God's sake, get up to speed! The apologists are empowered and can find loopholes in which they can bail Smith out unless you make the connection:

Historical Predynastic Egypt vs. Book of Abraham False Narrative

Get with the program, RFM. You're too slow.

Love ya, but for the love of Egypt! ;)
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

drumdude wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:29 pm
consiglieri wrote:
Have they been publicly invited?

I think you should publicly invite Boylan and James White to debate on Mormonism Live! Non-theists would be the perfect moderators.
Now that is an interesting idea!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

consiglieri wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:43 pm
invite Boylan and James White to debate on Mormonism Live!

Now that is an interesting idea!
There is testimony by the Midnight Mormoners for Boylan, but does James White certify as someone who would be a worthy debater? Is bashing Sola Scriptura an interesting enough topic? I thought it was simply a one-off Protestant idea that didn't hold much weight,
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace