Boylan the Debater

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Boylan the Debater

Post by Philo Sofee »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:09 pm
consiglieri wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:43 pm
invite Boylan and James White to debate on Mormonism Live!

Now that is an interesting idea!
There is testimony by the Midnight Mormoners for Boylan, but does James White certify as someone who would be a worthy debater? Is bashing Sola Scriptura an interesting enough topic? I thought it was simply a one-off Protestant idea that didn't hold much weight,
That's boring compared to the Book of Abraham issues. Or how about we debate the fulfilled prophecies of Joseph Smith during the Zion's Camp march? That would make for some grist for the mill....
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:09 pm
consiglieri wrote:
invite Boylan and James White to debate on Mormonism Live!

There is testimony by the Midnight Mormoners for Boylan, but does James White certify as someone who would be a worthy debater? Is bashing Sola Scriptura an interesting enough topic? I thought it was simply a one-off Protestant idea that didn't hold much weight,
White has wiped the floor with Mormon opponents many times on YouTube. A debate on just sola scriptura might be boring but White knows Mormonism inside and out. He’s been involved in counter cult ministries his whole life.
Bill_Billiams
Star B

Post by Bill_Billiams »

consiglieri wrote:
drumdude wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:29 pm
Have they been publicly invited?

I think you should publicly invite Boylan and James White to debate on Mormonism Live! Non-theists would be the perfect moderators.
I think it would be a great idea. But Boylan is only interested in debating Sola Scriptura or the Priesthood. So you would probably have to float one of those topics of you are going to coax Boylan out of his troll cave.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

drumdude wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:18 pm
[White has wiped the floor with Mormon opponents many times on YouTube. A debate on just sola scriptura might be boring but White knows Mormonism inside and out. He’s been involved in counter-cult ministries his whole life.
While Boylan may be more bitter than a pint o' Guinness, I would like to see him in action. Getting to appear on RFM would give him a larger size audience, and he could sit at his desk firmly ensconced in Cardon Ellis's bulletproof vest and a Bowie knife in his belt sheath.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Bill_Billiams
Star B

Post by Bill_Billiams »

Moksha wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:32 am
drumdude wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:18 pm
[White has wiped the floor with Mormon opponents many times on YouTube. A debate on just sola scriptura might be boring but White knows Mormonism inside and out. He’s been involved in counter-cult ministries his whole life.
While Boylan may be more bitter than a pint o' Guinness, I would like to see him in action. Getting to appear on RFM would give him a larger size audience, and he could sit at his desk firmly ensconced in Cardon Ellis's bulletproof vest and a Bowie knife in his belt sheath.
Personally I am conflicted. Boylan in his current state is a pretty milkable lolcow. If he starts to get any actually respect and a real audience that might ruin that. At the same time, if he gets trashed in a live debate against someone he has repeatedly disparaged it could provide a bottomless jug of lols.
Bill_Billiams
Star B

Post by Bill_Billiams »

The mental image of Boylan wearing a bulletproof vest and armed with a Bowie knife for a zoom call is hilarious and symbolic.
Last edited by Bill_Billiams on Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bill_Billiams
Star B

Post by Bill_Billiams »

consiglieri wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:52 pm
I guess by the same standard that DCP and Smoot, et al., are cowards for not coming on RFM or Mormonism Live.
Consistency is going to be hard to come by from that crew.
Bill_Billiams
Star B

Post by Bill_Billiams »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:14 pm
Moksha wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:17 pm
Has Boylan or any other Saint taken up the Shulem debate challenge?

BABY Boylan take on Shulem? You wanna take on the big boy?

Come here little baby!

No pee your diaper.

:lol:

Time for your nap, baby.
Send him an email and challenge him. I'd love to see it.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Yes please. Everyone throw down the gauntlet at Boylan. If he refuses then he’s a gigantic hypocrite.

If he has legitimately good and new ideas then for heavens sake let’s hear them!
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Bill_Billiams wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:43 am
Send him an email and challenge him. I'd love to see it.

Oh, it's just mockery on my part and a bit of zinger. I have no interest in debating him on subjects that he's interested in and discussing the Book of Abraham with him would be a waste of time. I mean what would be the point? And he's just a little fish in a big ocean.