BYP Hosts Bill Reel LIVE - Reason & Mormon Apologetics, When is it reasonable to believe?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

BYP Hosts Bill Reel LIVE - Reason & Mormon Apologetics, When is it reasonable to believe?

Post by Philo Sofee »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAl-Qn-nDjg

It is a show that must occur, because in his dialogue with apologist Jacob Hansen, Bill was not allowed to tell his side at all, and was constantly interrupted and talked over incessantly which means he didn't develop the materials he planned to. On this show we now get to hear Bill's side, and what was it that made the apologist so unwilling and nervous to let Bill get a word in sledge wise. It will be epic.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: BYP Hosts Bill Reel LIVE - Reason & Mormon Apologetics, When is it reasonable to believe?

Post by Philo Sofee »

Just got through a planning stage with Bill Reel. This is going to be a very informative and fun night! Very excited for this! Come one come all....
Rivendale
God

Re: BYP Hosts Bill Reel LIVE - Reason & Mormon Apologetics, When is it reasonable to believe?

Post by Rivendale »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:01 pm

It is a show that must occur, because in his dialogue with apologist Jacob Hansen, Bill was not allowed to tell his side at all, and was constantly interrupted and talked over incessantly which means he didn't develop the materials he planned to. On this show we now get to hear Bill's side, and what was it that made the apologist so unwilling and nervous to let Bill get a word in sledge wise. It will be epic.
That was one frustrating listen. Jacob does not have a grasp of specified complexity yet hinges his entire argument that creator god is more reasonable than anything else. He then claims victory by default by claiming Bill views everything through a godless lens.It is straight out of Muhlestein, Gee playbook. He constantly kept saying wait, wait really quick...which was really annoying. He also claimed superiority over every other religion simply off priesthood authority. The Bednar move. I don't know how Bill kept composure.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Rivendale wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:10 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:01 pm

That was one frustrating listen. Jacob does not have a grasp of specified complexity yet hinges his entire argument that creator god is more reasonable than anything else. He then claims victory by default by claiming Bill views everything through a godless lens.It is straight out of Muhlestein, Gee playbook. He constantly kept saying wait, wait really quick...which was really annoying. He also claimed superiority over every other religion simply off priesthood authority. The Bednar move. I don't know how Bill kept composure.
Very true and accurate. It is THE reason I am giving Bill air time tonight, so we can get his side of things.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Thanks to all who showed up and enjoyed the information we shared and analyzed. It was a very good informing night! I thoroughly enjoyed having Bill on, and don't forget Wednesday night Mormonism Live! The issue is going to be was Joseph Smith a polygamist? It is going to be a grand slam because they have been challenged that they cannot show he was a polygamist.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

Thanks for always putting together such informative shows, Kerry!
slskipper
Sunbeam

Post by slskipper »

Thank you so much. Very insightful.
Shulem
God

The Stripling Warriors

Post by Shulem »

Bill Reel scored a hole in one with this one! I need to do a Celestial thread on this subject. How the hell did we ever believe this crap? And to think the BYP fell for it too back in the day (what a dope) -- and RFM too and me too. It just goes to show that intelligent people can be duped.

2,000 kids

:lol:
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Based on what Bill says on ML, I would say his view essentially excludes most every religious claim as unworthy of belief, and yet here we are. People have “irrational beliefs,” and they probably always will. Although I enjoy Bill’s show, especially RFM’s contributions, hearing him lecture people on the irrationality of their religious views makes me roll my eyes now and then.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Failed Prophecy
Sunbeam

Post by Failed Prophecy »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:59 am
Based on what Bill says on ML, I would say his view essentially excludes most every religious claim as unworthy of belief, and yet here we are. People have “irrational beliefs,” and they probably always will. Although I enjoy Bill’s show, especially RFM’s contributions, hearing him lecture people on the irrationality of their religious views makes me roll my eyes now and then.
I roll my eyes too. In reality, it's mostly just an indication of how small and insular the Mormon and ex-Mormon worlds really are.