Vogel video on magic parchments and Jupiter talisman

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Circular windows

Post by Shulem »

Vogel wrote:The first thing to notice is the interrelationship of the three parchments, one of the magic wheels connects all three, the second wheel appears on the Holiness to the Lord and Saint Peter Bind Them parchments, in fact all the symbols on the Saint Peter Bind Them parchment are represented on the Holiness to the Lord lamen, all but one symbol of the Jehovah Jehovah Jehovah amulet can be found on the Holiness to the Lord lamen.
Vogel wrote:The Jehovah Jehovah Jehovah parchment differs from the other two in that what might be called the spokes of the wheel are connected to the rim in the Smith and Harrison versions also the triangular shape at the end of the middle left spoke is markedly larger than what appears on Scott and Sibley.
The original architect of the Nauvoo temple insisted that circular windows not be fitted and installed on the outside of the Nauvoo temple. The lack of such windows was a dealbreaker for the prophet, thus circular windows were absolutely required! It was a matter of thus sayeth the Lord.
Joseph Smith, February 1844 wrote:In the afternoon Elder William Weeks (whom I had employed as Architect of the Temple) <​came in​> for instructions. I instructed him in relation to the circular windows, designed to light the offices, in the dead work of the arch between stories— he said that round windows in the broad side of a building was <​were​> a violation of all the known rules of architecture, and contended they should be semi-circular— that the building was too low for round windows: I told him I would have the circles if he had to make the Temple ten feet higher than it was originally calculated— that one light at the centre of each circular window would be sufficient to light the whole room— that when the whole building was thus illuminated the effect would be remarkably grand. “I wish you to carry out my designs. I have seen in vision the splendid appearance of that building illuminated and will have it built according to the pattern shewn me”.
Pentagrams were prominently displayed on the Nauvoo temple in both the windows and stonework. Perhaps the pentagrams on the parchments influenced the prophet in placing them in the design of the Nauvoo temple. Is it possible the magic wheels on the parchments may have influence Smith to have round windows on the temple walls?

Is it possible?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

Last edited by Shulem on Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shulem
God

Re: Vogel video on magic parchments and Jupiter talisman

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:39 pm
Boomer57 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:28 pm
Shulem gets the 'Pure Genius' award!! :D
I'll 2nd that notion yer honor! Because of Shulem, the BYP has always had fantastic material to make fun and informative videos for the public.
Thank you!

Yeah, I deserve some kind reward or brownie points or something.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:41 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:39 pm
I'll 2nd that notion yer honor! Because of Shulem, the BYP has always had fantastic material to make fun and informative videos for the public.
Thank you!

Yeah, I deserve some kind reward or brownie points or something.
You get a HUGE gold forehead to put that star on! :lol:
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Re: Circular windows

Post by bill4long »

Shulem wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:33 am
"I have seen in vision the splendid appearance of that building illuminated and will have it built according to the pattern shewn me.” --Joe
Who here believes Joe?
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
Shulem
God

Re: Circular windows

Post by Shulem »

bill4long wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:11 am
Shulem wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:33 am
"I have seen in vision the splendid appearance of that building illuminated and will have it built according to the pattern shewn me.” --Joe
Who here believes Joe?
The remake certainly is a beautiful building and represents the original quite well. But I have to wonder about the pentacles and magic wheels that seem to have found their way from Smith's parchments to the very windows of the Nauvoo temple. I wonder just how much light those round windows could admit and if Joe's "vision" did them justice? I remain skeptical.

Look, I'm just asking some honest questions.

Shulem
God

Circular windows

Post by Shulem »

Joseph Smith, February 1844 wrote:I told him I would have the circles if he had to make the Temple ten feet higher than it was originally calculated— that one light at the centre of each circular window would be sufficient to light the whole room— that when the whole building was thus illuminated the effect would be remarkably grand. “I wish you to carry out my designs. I have seen in vision the splendid appearance of that building illuminated and will have it built according to the pattern shewn me”.
I'm skeptical of circular windows providing the volume of light Smith desired when considering the depth of the walls and the size of the windows. I don't see how it could have worked out to Smith's expectations in what he supposedly envisioned. Smith insisted the windows be round and saw to it that nobody interfere with his grand plan that required round windows. Smith was sure that those windows would light the whole room but I don't see how. I tend to think that clerestory windows is the only design that could have properly lit the temple with daylight, but Smith wanted his damn pentacles!

Look, I think it's reasonable to consider the possibility that Smith wanted round windows on his temple in order to fit the pentacles and wheels from the parchments into the temple design and showcase secret symbolism known only to him. If that be the case then it can be concluded the windows on the temple make it a house patterned after occult symbolism!

Boomer57
Sunbeam

Post by Boomer57 »

Maybe the round windows were a prophetic nod to the wagon wheels they would soon be making to put on their wagons and hand carts??? :D
' :idea: Give me truth and clarity, not fluff and charity'
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Boomer57 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:14 pm
Maybe the round windows were a prophetic nod to the wagon wheels they would soon be making to put on their wagons and hand carts??? :D
I have a problem with associating the design of the circular windows to that of wheels with actual spokes such as a chariot or wagon wheel. Sure, there appears to be a hub and spokes protruding outward which makes it seem wheel-like, but note there is a ring outside the hub which is NOT part of construction that makes a true wheel. So, the inner ring kills the idea that the window is a chariot wheel. Also, take into consideration the original drawing of the architect William Weeks who takes the spokes outside the wheel itself into the pattern of the stone surrounding it. This leads me to believe that Weeks did not liken the round windows as wheels per-se and definitely did not have any idea of the magic wheels known only to Smith.

Boomer57
Sunbeam

Post by Boomer57 »

Dude, that was a joke! :lol:
' :idea: Give me truth and clarity, not fluff and charity'
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Boomer57 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:15 pm
Dude, that was a joke! :lol:
I know, I know. I just thought it was a good opportunity to add something to this crazy thread!

:lol: