Vogel video on magic parchments and Jupiter talisman

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
huckelberry
God

Re: Tic-tac-toe and three in a row

Post by huckelberry »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:00 pm
Is anyone convinced, yet?
I can see that it is entirely possible that the magic symbol makes reference to Orion's belt. But for me the only thing that idea does is get in the way of enjoying Orion and the stars.

I do wonder if Betelgeuse has exploded and we will see the event some time in the coming days? years? centuries? millennia?

If so, I wonder if some people will see it as a sign of the second coming of Jesus? The end of the world? Seattle Seahawks return to football strength?
Last edited by huckelberry on Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Re: Vogel video on magic parchments and Jupiter talisman

Post by Morley »

huckelberry wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:41 pm
Shulem wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:00 pm
Is anyone convinced, yet?
I can see that it is entirely possible that the magic symbol makes reference to Orion's belt. But for me the only thing that idea does is get in the way of enjoying Orion and the stars.

I do wonder if Betelgeuse has exploded and we will see the event some time in the coming days? years? centuries? millenia?

If so, I wonder if some people will see it as a sign of the second coming of Jesus? The end of the world? Seattle Seahawks return to football strength?
While I'm 'meh' about the first two you mentioned, I'd welcome the last.
Last edited by Morley on Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Morley wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:44 pm
huckelberry wrote:

I do wonder if Betelgeuse has exploded and we will see the event some time in the coming days? years? centuries? millenia?

If so I wonder if some people will see it as a sign of the second coming of Jesus? The end of the world? Seattle Seahawks return to football strength?
While I'm 'meh' about the first two you mentioned, I'd welcome the last.
Hi Morley, I agree. Then I hear, "the nearer your destination the more you are slip sliding away." Paul Simon gets a bit stuck in the downs. Seattle may get past its slump but it does not look like it this year.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

huckelberry wrote:
I can see that it is entirely possible that he magic symbol makes reference to Orion belt. But for me the only thing that idea does is get in the way of enjoying Orion and the stars.
The Italians had their own style and way of portraying Orion in this ceiling fresco painted in 1575. You know as well as anyone that the first thing you notice while looking to spot Orion in the night sky is the three unmistakable three stars in a row. That is how everyone finds Orion. No exceptions!

You will agree the three stars are beautiful and have captured our imaginations ever since the first time we saw them.

Shulem
God

Jubanladace, treasure seeking, and Moroni

Post by Shulem »

I think Jubanladace was an important element on the magic "Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah" Parchment owned by the Smith family. Reginald Scot's book, "The Discoverie of Witchcraft" introduces the personage of Jubanladace and his Lamin in direct association with the art of treasure seeking. The emblems that form the name drawn on the Jehovah Parchment are in one corner and in another corner is the figure of a pentagram enclosing the astrological sign for the sun.

See here:

As mentioned earlier, the connection between treasure seeking and a starry spirit is introduced in the section leading up to the discloser of the name and Lamin of the first of seven good angels, Jubanladace:
Scot wrote:When Treasure hath been hid, or any secret thing hath been committed by the party; there is a magical cause of something attracting the starry spirit back again, to the manifestation of that thing. Upon all which, the following Chapters do insist more largely and particularly
The magical quest for treasure seeking is again emphasized multiple times after disclosing the name and nature of Jubanladace and the angels.
Scot wrote:To the next, belong such Spirits as are Protectors of hidden Treasures . . . who by Conjuration attempted to dig for such defended Treasures . . . by Magical experiments have discovered hidden Treasures.
Slippery treasures found their way into the Book of Mormon wherein Jubanladace was replaced by MORONI who like Jubanladace was "a mighty Prince in the Dominion of Thrones, he cometh unto such as follow national affairs, and are carryed forth unto warr and conquest," similar to Moroni in Book of Mormon times.

Where the hell are you, Vogel? I'm trying to be polite but you are avoiding me or don't have time for me, which is worse than the first.

Philo, are you still alive?
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

I’m trying to follow along, but: What’s the point of getting hung up on “Jubanladace,” again?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:22 am
I’m trying to follow along, but: What’s the point of getting hung up on “Jubanladace,” again?
Thank you for following along, Dr. Shades.

Vogel also took great pains in trying to decipher certain characters on one of the parchments in trying to figure out seven characters in question (Quinn's magic alphabet or code) and offers speculation, examples, and solutions in what he thinks may be the answer. Vogel has every right to speculate and so do I. Vogel attempts to explain the actual meaning of those seven characters and unravel that particular mystery just as I attempt to explain the characters of Jubanladace and what they mean in association with the text. If Vogel can speculate, so can I! That is why I think he's being a bit of a hypocrite for telling me that Jubanladace had not been explained in the text as if there is no answer at hand, but I'm explaining things just as he does. He posted and ran away!

In my last post I tied Jubanladace to Moroni in showing that magical angels are an important element to treasure seeking and how it seems reasonable to expect that Smith's methods evolved and changed in order to advance his cause and personal ambitions in declaring himself a prophet.
Shulem
God

Treasures and Angels

Post by Shulem »

Joseph Smith's treasure seeking in coordination with others was to obtain treasures for the purpose of obtaining riches. That was the bottom line. The magical parchments were suppose to aid in that endeavor and Vogel's podcast gives us a fascinating insight into treasure digging. It's safe to assume that Smith and those whom he kept intimate company with were familiar with the parchments and the purposes in which they were used. Magical parchments with curious writings along with the assistance of magical spirits was a means in which treasures could be found and secured -- hence the need for Jubanladace and other strange spirits.

But treasure digging for Joseph Smith changed when it came to the gold plates. Religion and spiritual awakening became the new motive rather than wealth and riches. Recall how Moroni warned Joseph that the plates were not suppose to enrich the Smith family and through Moroni, Smith later said, "Satan would try to tempt me (in consequence of the indigent circumstances of my father’s family), to get the plates for the purpose of getting rich." We learn in the 1832 account that Smith confesses to his greediness saying, "for now I had been tempted of the advisary and saught the Plates to obtain riches and kept not the commandmet that I should have an eye single to the Glory of God."

It's clear that Joseph Smith was transitioning his treasure seeking motives from that of material wealth to spiritual wealth after which religion became his sole objective. The Book of Mormon became the goal in which Smith would transition into his new role as a prophet and prepare the world for the return of Christ in America.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

So, Jubalandace equals the angel Moroni? I thought it equalled the three stars of Orion’s Belt.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:53 am
So, Jubalandace equals the angel Moroni? I thought it equalled the three stars of Orion’s Belt.

It's "Jubanladace."

Are you drinking tonight?

:D