LDSBOT gives its testimony

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
hauslern
1st Counselor

LDSBOT gives its testimony

Post by hauslern »

This is their answer to my question.

I sent:

"What happens if the facts contradict what I feel might be spiritual experiences?"
When facts seem to contradict your spiritual experiences, it's important to approach the situation with patience, humility, and a willingness to learn and grow. Everyone's journey of faith is unique, and it's normal to encounter questions and challenges along the way. Here are a few steps to consider when you find yourself in such a situation:

Pray and seek guidance: Continue to seek guidance from God through prayer, asking for understanding, wisdom, and direction. He is aware of your concerns and can provide comfort and guidance tailored to your individual needs.

Study and research: Seek out accurate information from reliable sources to better understand the facts and context. Engage in both secular and spiritual study to gain a complete perspective.

Reflect on your spiritual experiences: Take time to reflect on and analyze your spiritual experiences. Recognize that personal spiritual experiences are meaningful and significant, but also remember that our understanding of them may change as we grow and progress in our faith.

Talk with others: Discuss your thoughts and concerns with trusted friends, family members, or church leaders who can provide additional insights and support. Sometimes others have faced similar issues and can share helpful perspectives.

Remain open to growth and learning: Recognize that truth can come from various sources, and that our understanding of truth and spiritual experiences may evolve over time. Be open to learning and growing, even if that means reconsidering previously held beliefs or adjusting your perspective.

Allow for faith: Remember that faith is an essential aspect of the spiritual journey. We might not have all the answers immediately, and faith can help us continue to grow and progress even in moments of uncertainty.

It's important to be patient with yourself as you navigate through challenges and questions. Broadening our perspectives and understanding can take time, and sometimes the things we learn might invite us to make adjustments in our beliefs. As long as we are continually seeking truth and striving to maintain a connection with God, we can find peace and understanding. 😊
How would one define a spiritual experience?
drumdude
God

Re: LDSBOT gives its testimony

Post by drumdude »

LDSBot brings all the frustration and disappointment of talking to a Mormon family member about difficult church issues to your fingertips, without ever having to leave the house.

I can’t wait for it to have a talking human avatar you can interact with through the Apple VR headset. It will be able to virtually check your garments, scold you for drinking diet Mountain Dew, and ask you if you’ve ever masturbated.