The Restoration---of our Hall of Fame threads

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
MsJack
Deacon

Re: The Restoration---of our Hall of Fame threads

Post by MsJack »

drumdude wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:35 pm
It’s going to be a fierce battle between Mike Parker and Robbie Boylan for 2023…
Co-winners are always possible, as in 2012 and 2019.
BA, Classics, Brigham Young University
MA, American Religious History, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
PhD Student, Church History, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
Tom
Area Authority

Post by Tom »

drumdude wrote:
It’s going to be a fierce battle between Mike Parker and Robbie Boylan for 2023…
Also, Richard Nygren.
“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Tom wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:15 pm
drumdude wrote:
Also, Richard Nygren.
Stop it!

:lol:
MsJack
Deacon

Post by MsJack »

Tom wrote:
Also, Richard Nygren.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The award should go to both Mike Parker and Richard Nygren.
Tom
Area Authority

Post by Tom »

Another nomination:

The Interpreter; Bayes Theorem; Nephites and Mayans

I don't know whether there were other discussions of the Interpreter article on this board.
“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

MsJack wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:41 am
My OP on this thread should be complete, Dr. Shades, how about fixing our Hall of Fame thread?
Give me a couple of days or so.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
MsJack
Deacon

Post by MsJack »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:08 pm
Give me a couple of days or so.
No problem. Thanks for letting me know you saw it!
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

MsJack wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:16 pm
Tom wrote:
Also, Richard Nygren.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The award should go to both Mike Parker and Richard Nygren.
Yes. Two separate awards. For two separate people. Didn't some peer reviewed journal publish two acknowledgements of Parker and Nygren as two separate people? Even though the author knew it was not true? And its pretty clear the editors knew it wasn't true.

Oh, yes. The Interpreter. My apologies, its not an actual peer reviewed journal. The journal likes to claim that, but no one believes it.

I file this under the "metcalfe is butthead" type of mopologetics. You'd think these people would learn, but no. They erode their own credibility, regularly and continually. I’m sure the lds church is relieved these antics are now confined to places like the Interpreter, and no longer associated with the MI or BYU.
MsJack
Deacon

Post by MsJack »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:17 pm
Yes. Two separate awards. For two separate people. Didn't some peer reviewed journal publish two acknowledgements of Parker and Nygren as two separate people? Even though the author knew it was not true? And its pretty clear the editors knew it wasn't true.

Oh, yes. The Interpreter. My apologies, its not an actual peer reviewed journal. The journal likes to claim that, but no one believes it.

I file this under the "metcalfe is butthead" type of mopologetics. You'd think these people would learn, but no. They erode their own credibility, regularly and continually. I’m sure the LDS church is relieved these antics are now confined to places like the Interpreter, and no longer associated with the MI or BYU.
I have my first peer-reviewed article coming out soon and have taken a few classes from the editor. I can only imagine the daggers she would glare at me if I asked for permission to thank a person under two different names / identities to help perpetuate the hoax that they were different people.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

MsJack wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:39 pm
Marcus wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:17 pm

I file this under the "metcalfe is butthead" type of mopologetics. You'd think these people would learn, but no. They erode their own credibility, regularly and continually. I’m sure the LDS church is relieved these antics are now confined to places like the Interpreter, and no longer associated with the MI or BYU.
I have my first peer-reviewed article coming out soon and have taken a few classes from the editor. I can only imagine the daggers she would glare at me if I asked for permission to thank a person under two different names / identities to help perpetuate the hoax that they were different people.
Exactly. And… Congrats!!!! Please share the link when you can!