Neanderthal Endowment Project

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Moksha
God

Neanderthal Endowment Project

Post by Moksha »

I was just watching a podcast on the Neanderthal Genome Project and it occurred to me that the Church is slacking on Neanderthal endowments, as well as for other prehistoric humans. Instead of Temple goers spinning their wheels and doing Temple work for the same folks multiple times (even fictional couples such as Mickey and Minnie Mouse had their Temple work performed umpteen times).

How can the Temple work begin for these prehistoric and Neanderthal ancestors? Once this has been accomplished, I imagine they could make short work of the Denisovans.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
drumdude
God

Re: Neanderthal Endowment Project

Post by drumdude »

What is the point of baptizing and endowing any dead? I mean really, what is the gosh darn point?? There are going to be millions of people we miss because of missing records.

It’s all going to be sorted out in eternity. Why do we need a head start on something that can easily be done later?

Add to that the fact that they’re recycling names… the entire thing is just beyond ridiculous. The literal manifestation of Sisyphus.

If there’s any magic life changing power that comes from elderly people falling asleep in front of a movie in green aprons, I’ll eat my old endowment chef’s hat.