F. Michael Watson Personally clarifies Hill Cumorah Letter

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
MormonDiscussionInc
Sunbeam

F. Michael Watson Personally clarifies Hill Cumorah Letter

Post by MormonDiscussionInc »

https://www.mobom.org/1990-letter-on-cumorah

Start on the bottom of page 3 of the included document of an interview with Watson. He verifies that Fair/Farms and Dan Peterson and others have been false about their framing of the issue. It wouldn't let me copy the letter's text but if someone finds a way this is big and confirms what my source said.
Mormon Discussion Inc is a non-profit that seeks to help others deconstruct unhealthy systems and reconstruct their lives One Episode At a Time MormonDiscussionPodcast.org
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: F. Michael Watson Personally clarifies Hill Cumorah Letter

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

One could charitably attribute a Mandella effect of sorts... y'know... if certain individuals had a pattern of ethics that made it the most viable option.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

But DCP has not only seen the 2nd Watson Letter, he held it in his own hands. DCP is one the 3 Witnesses to the letter.

DCP wouldn’t lie, would he?

This is a great thread that exposes all the lies and deception employed by the Mopologists in relation to the Watson letter.

https://www.discussmormonism.com/viewto ... 4&t=111121
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

I do hope DCP will address this discrepancy on his blog…
Nimrod
Star B

Post by Nimrod »

Wow. DCP owes this entire board, and especially beastie, a big, effusive apology. He's a lying sack of sh*t.
Apologists try to shill an explanation to questioning members as though science and reason really explain and buttress their professed faith. It [sic] does not. By definition, faith is the antithesis of science and reason. Apologetics is a further deception by faith peddlers to keep power and influence.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

This is *huge*. It is absolutely devastating, irrefutable proof that the Mopologists lied, and that they lied repeatedly, and that their lies contradicted things that were personally signed off on by the First Presidency.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
DrStakhanovite
Elder

Post by DrStakhanovite »

Guys like Mike Parker and Robert Boylan are inevitable iterations when you understand the decades long history of Mopologetics. The Second Watson Letter fiasco is a great story; I still have fond memories of getting lunch with Sock Puppet and him regaling me with a first person account of events.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

"Over at the Obsession Blog, there is a veritable lollapalooza of screeching and excitement over the supposed "Second Watson Letter Scandal" or some such. There is no scandal, of course, except the one which they have created in their minds. They have taken everything I had said so completely out of context, that it is unrecognizable to me and my army of sycophants. Even my best friends and wife can't believe how utterly strange it is that they should focus on these tiny little details that are so easily explained away with my trademark well-reasoned arguments."
sock puppet
High Priest

Post by sock puppet »

DrStakhanovite wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:23 pm
Guys like Mike Parker and Robert Boylan are inevitable iterations when you understand the decades long history of Mopologetics. The Second Watson Letter fiasco is a great story; I still have fond memories of getting lunch with Sock Puppet and him regaling me with a first person account of events.
I too have fond memories of our lunch in Logan UT. Hope you make it out this way again.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal." Groucho Marx
"The truth has no defense against a fool determined to believe a lie." Mark Twain
The best lack all conviction, while the worst//Are full of passionate intensity." Yeats