Vogel on Mormonism Live Tonight

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
dan vogel
CTR A

Vogel on Mormonism Live Tonight

Post by dan vogel »

Tonight at 6:20 (Mountain Time) I will be interviewed on “Mormonism Live” with Bill Reel and Radio Free Mormon. We’ll be talking about my new biography of Joseph Smith “Charisma under Pressure,” as well as a new YouTube video about the Smith family’s magic parchments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8_GMdoGL0Q
BeNotDeceived
Priest

Re: Vogel on Mormonism Live Tonight

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Thanks for all you've done Dan to bring truth and light to who the real Joe Smith was. The level of deception that continues to this day by the institutional 'church' is staggering, sickening and abhorrent. Hell, they're still sending out missionaries peddling the same narrative that they admitted in their buried essays on their own website 9 years ago isn't true, there's honesty and integrity for you. :lol: :x
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Looking forward to it!
High Spy
Apostle

Post by High Spy »

BeNotDeceived wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:21 pm
Thanks for all you've done Dan to bring truth and light to who the real Joe Smith was. The level of deception that continues to this day by the institutional 'church' is staggering, sickening and abhorrent. Hell, they're still sending out missionaries peddling the same narrative that they admitted in their buried essays on their own website 9 years ago isn't true, there's honesty and integrity for you. :lol: :x
BND is me UN on LDSFF and it’s great seeing me doppelgänger and I agree. :lol:
MetaProf
Nursery

Post by MetaProf »

dan vogel wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:10 pm
Tonight at 6:20 (Mountain Time) I will be interviewed on “Mormonism Live” with Bill Reel and Radio Free Mormon. We’ll be talking about my new biography of Joseph Smith “Charisma under Pressure,” as well as a new YouTube video about the Smith family’s magic parchments.

This was a great episode. Now trying to forgive RFM for misquoting Monty Python: it’s halibut, not roast lamb 😎
High Spy
Apostle

Post by High Spy »

September eleventh is 1 chance in 365. :geek:

The number fifty-seven may be said to be emblematic of the Davidic Servant, which may make MMM on 9/11/1857 another #57 anomaly. The timing of the March 18 earthquake that landed Moroni’s Instrument is on the order of 1 chance in several million.

Said EQ was of magnitude 5.7 and the timing pattern formed an old-world spelling of our lord and savior’s name/title. Probability is expressed as a numerator over a denominator. The denominator in this case is represented by the number of minutes between quakes of sufficient magnitude to land Moroni’s Instrument. How many minutes is that. :?:

. . . * . . . . . . . . **

3*8** Knight Lion, but not Nite Lion. 🐳 gbng

Everybody's heard the whale and 8 are linked. :lol:

Choose the 🥩
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

High Spy wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:44 am
The number fifty-seven may be said to be emblematic of the Davidic Servant, . . .
No, it may not be.
. . . which may make MMM on 9/11/1857 another #57 anomaly.
No, it doesn't.
The timing of the March 18 earthquake that landed Moroni’s Instrument is on the order of 1 chance in several million.
No, the chances are 1 in 365.
Said EQ was of magnitude 5.7 and the timing pattern formed an old-world spelling of our lord and savior’s name/title.
It didn't form any such thing.
Probability is expressed as a numerator over a denominator. The denominator in this case is represented by the number of minutes between quakes of sufficient magnitude to land Moroni’s Instrument. How many minutes is that.
0, because only one quake landed Moroni's instrument.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
High Spy
Apostle

Post by High Spy »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:09 pm
High Spy wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:44 am
The number fifty-seven may be said to be emblematic of the Davidic Servant, . . .
No, it may not be.
. . . which may make MMM on 9/11/1857 another #57 anomaly.
No, it doesn't.
The timing of the March 18 earthquake that landed Moroni’s Instrument is on the order of 1 chance in several million.
No, the chances are 1 in 365.
Said EQ was of magnitude 5.7 and the timing pattern formed an old-world spelling of our lord and savior’s name/title.
It didn't form any such thing.
Probability is expressed as a numerator over a denominator. The denominator in this case is represented by the number of minutes between quakes of sufficient magnitude to land Moroni’s Instrument. How many minutes is that.
0, because only one quake landed Moroni's instrument.
There is a connection to the Davidic Servant, but this post only addresses the probability of the 5.7 magnitude earthquake striking at the exact minute that it did.

March is the 3rd month and C is the third letter of the alphabet.

Likewise the 18th letter of the alphabet is R.

Next the earthquake struck at 9 minutes after the hour so our first three letter are C, R, I.

It struck at 7:09 am local time, but this being a sign for the whole world, add 12 hours.

7 + 12 is 19 and the 19th letter of the alphabet is S.

The year was 2020 so the final letter is T.

All together the letters spells CRIST, which is said old-world spelling.

365 days x 24 hours x 60 minutes x 100 years yields an approximate denominator that easily exceeds 10 million.

100 years is the approximate interval between quakes that would land Moroni’s Instrument.

There may be other arrangements with similar results.

How many can you come up with. :?:
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

MetaProf wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:56 pm
dan vogel wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:10 pm

This was a great episode. Now trying to forgive RFM for misquoting Monty Python: it’s halibut, not roast lamb 😎
I was mortified to play the clip after the show on a good speaker and realized my mistake!