The Book of Abraham can be saved and has verifiable historical authenticity

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

The Book of Abraham can be saved and has verifiable historical authenticity

Post by Philo Sofee »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCPutlkjFxY

Come join me Sunday Night, June 25th, 6 p.m. and see the most updated authenticating historical vindication of the Book of Abraham to ever be presented. New and startling research, and I don't mean Hugh Nibley's 1970 - 1990's new either.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Re: The Book of Abraham can be saved and has verifiable historical authenticity

Post by Dr Moore »

This is such a tease, Philo!
Rick Grunder
Sunbeam

Post by Rick Grunder »

. . . it seemed as though I almost beheld the goodness before it came down . . .
(--"The Experience of Jacob Loucks taken from his own words, July 27, 1817 . . .”)
“I prefer tongue-tied knowledge to ignorant loquacity.”
― Cicero, De Oratore - Book III
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Post by High Spy »

Starting in a few minutes.
. . . * . . . . . . . . **

3*8** Knight Lion, but not Nite Lion. 🐳 gbng

Everybody's heard the whale and 8 are linked. :lol:

Choose the 🥩
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Thanks to those who attended. That is not at all what I had prepared to discuss, it sort of just gushed out of me. Just wow! I am very happy with it!
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Great show BYP. I was shocked that Russel M. Nelson even made a brief appearance. Your influence is growing far and wide.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:53 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCPutlkjFxY

Come join me Sunday Night, June 25th, 6 p.m. and see the most updated authenticating historical vindication of the Book of Abraham to ever be presented. New and startling research, and I don't mean Hugh Nibley's 1970 - 1990's new either.

I was there but in the background just listening. Sorry, but the subject matter is of little relevance to the cause and is a bit of a distraction. I will explain. :oops:

All of this is a red herring concocted by the demented and dishonest minds of the apologists who are taking a last stance in effort to avoid the unavoidable which has nothing to do with Jews from late antiquity Egypt. All of this is a waste of time. Robert Ritner would not have wasted time on this because it's nothing more than a ploy, a trick, a means in which the apologists are trying to take everyone's eyes off the ball -- the real ball which is far removed from anywhere on the field in which the apologists want to play. The Jews and Catalyst Theory are not works sponsored by Joseph Smith! That is a modern day construct produced by people who have thrown Joseph Smith under the bus in order to salvage their so-called spirit born testimonies of the restored gospel.

Look, it's time to take control of the game and deny new apologetic tricks employed by dishonest Mormon scholarship in which the Jews and late antiquity Egypt have nothing to do with the Book of Abraham. The Book of Abraham goes back to so-called Abraham & Joseph and their works were purported to have been buried in Thebes before the Jews arrived on the scene via Moses.

My thread up in the Celestial forum is the END GAME. It puts an end to the Book of Abraham and the apologists are scared to death of it. It's time to leave the Jews out of it and take the game back to the beginning where it belongs --Origins of Ancient Egypt vs. Joseph Smith and his biblical Book of Abraham.

Historical Predynastic Egypt vs. Book of Abraham False Narrative

Please, let's get with the program and take down the apologists using Joseph Smith's work rather than dealing with invented ideas concocted by apologists in which Joseph Smith had nothing to do with! All of that is a red herring! It's a Nibley trick! We are taking on Joseph Smith and his Book of Abraham -- not the dumb ass apologists who are trying to take our eyes of the prize.

I sincerely wish Robert Ritner was alive. I would be reaching out to him if he was. But now I can't.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Gee, Muhlestein, and Smoot can take Late Egyptian antiquity intermingled with the Jews and shove it right up their BLANKS where the sun don't shine. The whole argument does absolutely nothing for the Book of Abraham which Joseph Smith sponsored in Nauvoo 181 years ago. The whole business of redaction and the Jews is apologetic nonsense in order to avoid the elephant in the room. It's childish crap! Mormon apologists are like children who have left reality in order to play their silly games. It's stupid!! STOOPID!

Look, I'm into the REAL Egypt, not this BS crap that Mormon apologists love to make up in order to pat themselves on their backs and act like they have settled the score. The only score that has been settled is that I SHULEM have kicked their lousy asses and have sacked them. They are finished. Kaput.

John Gee, you are a PUNK! Your arguments are trashed. Smoot, you little boy, come to Shulem so I can drill you a new one. I am so pissed off at those little punks. And Muhlestein, you are the worst of the worst -- you forked tongued lying little bastard. You make me sick you with your deceptive nature and the lying spirit you possess.

:evil:
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

You see, here's the deal; the apologists want to make it all about nobody really knows anything and it's all a mystery tied up in Late Egyptian antiquity intermingled with things having to do with the Jews. They are wrapped up into inventing ideas on how to save the Book of Abraham and using the Catalyst Theory is the foundation and backbone to the whole concept of supporting such ideas. The Catalyst Theory, however, can be destroyed when taking into consideration what Joseph Smith *said* about the Book of Abraham and things related thereto and how it is impossible to meld or fuse Predynastic Egypt with the origin story of the Book of Abraham chapter one which shares direct links to the Jewish biblical timeline and common views in Smith's day about when Egypt was first founded.

If you really want to kill the Catalyst Theory then you have to expose the elephant in the room and explain how Egypt came into existence long before biblical myths and how it's impossible to scientifically graph the chronology and timeline of Smith's Book of Abraham to a genuine and historical ancient Egypt that most people love to talk about -- except for John Gee. He hates ancient Egypt and is an enemy to the true timeline. John Gee and his associates are corrupters of history and want to turn everything on its head and deny the reality of history that Egyptology has already proven.

I could go on and on but surely I've made my point? Don't let the apologists control the game (narrative) by ignoring the elephant in the room. If you do, they will beat you at their own game. You must stick to science and Egyptology and that begins with predynastic Egypt and how that great civilization was truly founded long before Ham's time and the reckoning of the Jews.

Please, for God's sake, listen to me. I've got this all figured and sewn up. It's a sure bet, 100%. Trust me Goddamnit!
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Brian Hales wrote:repurposing the facsimiles

That's just the tip of the iceberg, Philo. The blunders and errors regarding Smith's translations of the Facsimiles are a just one point of interest in showing that Smith got it all wrong. Also, the removal of Anubis's snout is another point of interest -- but they are just pieces of the puzzle. The KEY to bury Joseph Smith once and for all while the apologists are left to stare at headlights is *how* and *when* Egypt was founded as given in chapter one of the Book of Abraham. The foundational main point of interest in proving the Book of Abraham is false is the origin story of how Egypt was discovered and founded as explained in chapter one. THAT is the ultimate evidence against the Book of Abraham because scientists know that Egypt was founded and flourishing long before the Jews invented their stories about Noah and Ham living in biblical 2300 BC!

THIS is the Goddamn silver bullet against the Book of Abraham. Mark my words. It puts an end to both the missing roll and catalyst theories in one fell swoop. The apologists haven't a clue on how to resolve this issue and tackle a mountain that stands between them and real evidence that justifies the description of *how* and *when* Egypt was founded as explained in chapter one of that Goddamn book.

John Gee, screw you. You lose and there is nothing you can do about it. You are beaten. Finished.

• What's the king's name in Facsimile No. 3?
  • In what era was Egypt discovered and founded as given in the Book of Abraham?