Reviving the Board

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
mcjathan
Nursery

Re: Reviving the Board

Post by mcjathan »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:48 pm
I, for one, agree with the OP. We need more posts about how great Trump is. More posts yearning for Putin to win the war in Ukraine.

We need more posts bashing LGBT, promoting the heartland theory, dunking on the clot shot, and the pLandemic. How about a few threads on the pizza parlor brothels that the Clintons run?

Let’s make this board great again guys.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
mcjathan
Nursery

Post by mcjathan »

Fernando wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:16 pm
So you totally agree that this is not a free speech forum, even if it was defined as such by its founders?

You also seem to acknowledge that you are using the Board to reinforce anti-Mormon ideology by only allowing opinions that align with yours. You seem to want your opinion to be confirmed here, but am I correct in saying that people who disagree with you will have to go to another Mormon message board to voice their opinion? 
Fernando, just start posting your own discussion topics and see how the discussion goes.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Fernando wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:51 pm
Once more, here we are! Someone brings forward a subject for discussion that is at odds with what is regularly read here, and it is immediately attributed to AtlanticMike or right-wingers! Do you not comprehend how exhausting it is for people to continue attempting to read the rubbish you constantly post on the board? Have you ever thought about the possibility that the lack of fresh posts on the board is a result of your progressive, anti-Mormon ideology? You still obsess with the AtlanticMike character despite the fact that he hasn't post in over a year.
Hey, this approach looks familiar. ; )

How soon until the deluge of YouTube links starts, combined with the incessant yelling of ‘PROGRESSIVES!!1!, with no actual discussion from the ‘new member’?

Anyhow, anyone exhausted from posting YouTube links might want to consider a fitness program.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:44 pm
Nobody mentioned a decline in traffic, however, this board has always been a relatively small slow-moving board.

The only big noticeable decline in traffic I can recall is that a while back, we had a couple of trolls in SP who were posting 1,000 posts a day and so when the moderators finally owned those individuals, we experienced the backside of a traffic spike and you can say traffic declined.
Actually, board traffic has been up, lately. Mike seems to be confusing traffic with posting within a given subforum.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

mcjathan wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:44 pm
Fernando wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:16 pm
So you totally agree that this is not a free speech forum, even if it was defined as such by its founders?

You also seem to acknowledge that you are using the Board to reinforce anti-Mormon ideology by only allowing opinions that align with yours. You seem to want your opinion to be confirmed here, but am I correct in saying that people who disagree with you will have to go to another Mormon message board to voice their opinion? 
Fernando, just start posting your own discussion topics and see how the discussion goes.
Agreed.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Many times I do not like conservative opinions but if one is presented with thoughtful explanation I find it worth something. It is good to read differences in order to understand what others are thinking. However it is not very interesting to just be told, a message clothed in various insults, that I am a closed minded liberal.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Fernando wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:13 pm
I read a post last week about how board activity has been declining recently, and during the past few days, I have definitely noticed a decline in involvement. What makes it seem like that? Is it because people are growing weary of the ongoing hostility toward Mormons? Another possibility is that the board has become so far to the left over the past year, nearly to the point of developing cult-like inclinations.

Another thing to think about is whether the moderators should be replaced by a team that is more just and equitable but might not be as progressive. There must be a reason why people keep signing up for the board, yet none of them ever post more than once or twice.

This board will become just as pitiful as the New Order Mormon board if nothing is done soon, with only a half dozen ardent adherents commenting about how absurd Mormonism is. The fact that the founder and moderators are naïve about how they have essentially allowed the board to become into a Mormon-bashing hell hole makes me think it's a shame that this board is beginning to collapse. Any ideas as to how the board might be revived? Is it destined to be completely destroyed due to its strong tendency to despise Mormonism via a progressive lens of cultiness?
Much like network broadcasting, long-form discussion boards - and I’m only talking about the art and phenomenon of Internet long-form discussions, not the tech - is going the way of the do-do. What can anyone do about it? Travel back in time.

-Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:15 pm
Fernando wrote:
I read a post last week about how board activity has been declining recently, and during the past few days, I have definitely noticed a decline in involvement. What makes it seem like that? Is it because people are growing weary of the ongoing hostility toward Mormons? Another possibility is that the board has become so far to the left over the past year, nearly to the point of developing cult-like inclinations.

Another thing to think about is whether the moderators should be replaced by a team that is more just and equitable but might not be as progressive. There must be a reason why people keep signing up for the board, yet none of them ever post more than once or twice.

This board will become just as pitiful as the New Order Mormon board if nothing is done soon, with only a half dozen ardent adherents commenting about how absurd Mormonism is. The fact that the founder and moderators are naïve about how they have essentially allowed the board to become into a Mormon-bashing hell hole makes me think it's a shame that this board is beginning to collapse. Any ideas as to how the board might be revived? Is it destined to be completely destroyed due to its strong tendency to despise Mormonism via a progressive lens of cultiness?
Much like network broadcasting, long-form discussion boards - and I’m only talking about the art and phenomenon of Internet long-form discussions, not the tech - is going the way of the do-do. What can anyone do about it? Travel back in time.

-Doc

It’s sad but true. If you want to see the future of exMormonism you need look no further than nuance Ho dancing and posing in 15 second video shorts.

Thank God some of us still appreciate discussion boards.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Fernando wrote:
Any ideas as to how the board might be revived?

Quit complaining and do something about it. You are creating drama for drama sake.

May I suggest you get your ass up to the Celestial board and see what you think of this thread and what you might contribute to make it a better thread?

Fictitious Priesthood Ordination Ages of the Patriarchs NOW Exposed!

Please, quit complaining and do something.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Fernando wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:51 pm
Gadianton wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:44 pm
Are you a "friend" of A-Mike's?

Nobody mentioned a decline in traffic, however, this board has always been a relatively small slow-moving board.

The only big noticeable decline in traffic I can recall is that a while back, we had a couple of trolls in SP who were posting 1,000 posts a day and so when the moderators finally owned those individuals, we experienced the backside of a traffic spike and you can say traffic declined.
Once more, here we are! Someone brings forward a subject for discussion that is at odds with what is regularly read here, and it is immediately attributed to AtlanticMike or right-wingers! Do you not comprehend how exhausting it is for people to continue attempting to read the rubbish you constantly post on the board? Have you ever thought about the possibility that the lack of fresh posts on the board is a result of your progressive, anti-Mormon ideology? You still obsess with the AtlanticMike character despite the fact that he hasn't post in over a year.
"Once again, here we are" gives away the game.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.