Reviving the Board

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Fernando
Nursery

Reviving the Board

Post by Fernando »

I read a post last week about how board activity has been declining recently, and during the past few days, I have definitely noticed a decline in involvement. What makes it seem like that? Is it because people are growing weary of the ongoing hostility toward Mormons? Another possibility is that the board has become so far to the left over the past year, nearly to the point of developing cult-like inclinations.

Another thing to think about is whether the moderators should be replaced by a team that is more just and equitable but might not be as progressive. There must be a reason why people keep signing up for the board, yet none of them ever post more than once or twice.

This board will become just as pitiful as the New Order Mormon board if nothing is done soon, with only a half dozen ardent adherents commenting about how absurd Mormonism is. The fact that the founder and moderators are naïve about how they have essentially allowed the board to become into a Mormon-bashing hell hole makes me think it's a shame that this board is beginning to collapse. Any ideas as to how the board might be revived? Is it destined to be completely destroyed due to its strong tendency to despise Mormonism via a progressive lens of cultiness?
Moksha
God

Re: Reviving the Board

Post by Moksha »

Sounds like some apologetic plea to go easy on religious and right-wing nonsense.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Fernando wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:13 pm
I read a post last week about how board activity has been declining recently...
What post did you read?
Fernando
Nursery

Post by Fernando »

Moksha wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:22 pm
Sounds like some apologetic plea to go easy on religious and right-wing nonsense.
Do I have you right that you're one of the few posters who post on NOM? You're going to adopt the dated progressive position that just because someone disagrees with you, their thoughts don't matter, instead of wanting to discuss the topic of the thread. You undoubtedly contributed to the demise of the NOM board, and now you're employing the same strategies to silence opposing viewpoints here.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Are you a "friend" of A-Mike's?

Nobody mentioned a decline in traffic, however, this board has always been a relatively small slow-moving board.

The only big noticeable decline in traffic I can recall is that a while back, we had a couple of trolls in SP who were posting 1,000 posts a day and so when the moderators finally owned those individuals, we experienced the backside of a traffic spike and you can say traffic declined.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

I, for one, agree with the OP. We need more posts about how great Trump is. More posts yearning for Putin to win the war in Ukraine.

We need more posts bashing LGBT, promoting the heartland theory, dunking on the clot shot, and the pLandemic. How about a few threads on the pizza parlor brothels that the Clintons run?

Let’s make this board great again guys.
Fernando
Nursery

Post by Fernando »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:44 pm
Are you a "friend" of A-Mike's?

Nobody mentioned a decline in traffic, however, this board has always been a relatively small slow-moving board.

The only big noticeable decline in traffic I can recall is that a while back, we had a couple of trolls in SP who were posting 1,000 posts a day and so when the moderators finally owned those individuals, we experienced the backside of a traffic spike and you can say traffic declined.
Once more, here we are! Someone brings forward a subject for discussion that is at odds with what is regularly read here, and it is immediately attributed to AtlanticMike or right-wingers! Do you not comprehend how exhausting it is for people to continue attempting to read the rubbish you constantly post on the board? Have you ever thought about the possibility that the lack of fresh posts on the board is a result of your progressive, anti-Mormon ideology? You still obsess with the AtlanticMike character despite the fact that he hasn't post in over a year.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:48 pm
I, for one, agree with the OP. We need more posts about how great Trump is. More posts yearning for Putin to win the war in Ukraine.

We need more posts bashing LGBT, promoting the heartland theory, dunking on the clot shot, and the pLandemic. How about a few threads on the pizza parlor brothels that the Clintons run?

You jest, but we most certainly do need these topics. Until your post I had never heard the term "plandemic". SP is a great forum for this, the only catch is those promoting these important ideas are typically unable to accept any criticism whatsoever and quickly go into meltdown mode, and either get mad and leave or flagrantly break rules or derail until the mods have to learn them a lesson.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:59 pm
drumdude wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:48 pm

You jest, but we most certainly do need these topics. Until your post I had never heard the term "plandemic". SP is a great forum for this, the only catch is those promoting these important ideas are typically unable to accept any criticism whatsoever and quickly go into meltdown mode, and either get mad and leave or flagrantly break rules or derail until the mods have to learn them a lesson.
LDS Freedom Forum caters exclusively to their ideas, not sure why they feel the need to “exhaust” themselves by coming here. :lol:
Fernando
Nursery

Post by Fernando »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:02 pm
Gadianton wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:59 pm
LDS Freedom Forum caters exclusively to their ideas, not sure why they feel the need to “exhaust” themselves by coming here. :lol:
So you totally agree that this is not a free speech forum, even if it was defined as such by its founders?

You also seem to acknowledge that you are using the Board to reinforce anti-Mormon ideology by only allowing opinions that align with yours. You seem to want your opinion to be confirmed here, but am I correct in saying that people who disagree with you will have to go to another Mormon message board to voice their opinion?