Beastie and argument for horses in the Book of Mormon.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
huckelberry
God

Re: Beastie and argument for horses in the Book of Mormon.

Post by huckelberry »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:28 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:18 am

She did. I met her way back when. She was a kick to hang out with.
I think she went by truth dancer before beastie.

Regards,
MG
Mg, My memory is that these two are clearly different people. I agree with your memory of Beastie and Brant Gardner having extended debates on ZLMB. I thought it something of a high point for that board.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=104536&hilit=horse+ ... o&start=10
On our board Beastie , Truth Dancer and Harmony each contributed posts on 1-01-08. They are three different individuals. I am pretty sure they share the characteristic of each being a woman.
MsJack
Deacon

Post by MsJack »

Bond wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:07 pm
If I recall correctly Beastie was in her 50s way back in 2006-07 so hopefully she's living that sweet retired life.
Yes, I believe she was in her 50s or 60s during my Schryver thread, which would put her in her 60s or 70s now.

My 37yo-ex-BIL (first husband's sister's estranged husband) was killed by COVID, brutal and fast. He was in excellent physical health, the only co-morbidity was type 1 diabetes.

A 48yo purple belt from my jiu-jitsu gym, in peak physical condition for his age, was also killed by it. No comorbidities.

So I very much worry about the well-being of our missing posters in this post-COVID world.
BA, Classics, Brigham Young University
MA, American Religious History, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
PhD Student, Church History, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
Bond
CTR A

Post by Bond »

MG 2.0 wrote:

Regards,
MG
truth dancer and beastie were different people.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

MsJack wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:04 pm
Bond wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:07 pm
If I recall correctly Beastie was in her 50s way back in 2006-07 so hopefully she's living that sweet retired life.
Yes, I believe she was in her 50s or 60s during my Schryver thread, which would put her in her 60s or 70s now.

My 37yo-ex-BIL (first husband's sister's estranged husband) was killed by COVID, brutal and fast. He was in excellent physical health, the only co-morbidity was type 1 diabetes.

A 48yo purple belt from my jiu-jitsu gym, in peak physical condition for his age, was also killed by it. No comorbidities.

So I very much worry about the well-being of our missing posters in this post-COVID world.
If I recall correctly, she and I were close to the same age, and I’m mid-‘60s. I haven’t had contact with her for some time.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Bond wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:50 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:

Regards,
MG
truth dancer and beastie were different people.
Yep!
beastie and ~dancer~ posted within the same timeframe - at least around early 2007.

I just took my time machine back to that time, and sighed with nostalgia. I heartily recommend the trip to anyone, especially if you posted back then. Not for any particular reason - just for fun.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

huckelberry wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:05 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:

Regards,
MG
Mg, My memory is that these two are clearly different people. I agree with your memory of Beastie and Brant Gardner having extended debates on ZLMB. I thought it something of a high point for that board.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=104536&hilit=horse+ ... o&start=10
On our board Beastie , Truth Dancer and Harmony each contributed posts on 1-01-08. They are three different individuals. I am pretty sure they share the characteristic of each being a woman.
I remember Truth Dancer and Harmony from NOM Board also, if I’m not mistaken. So if Beastie wasn’t Truth Dancer…who was she? I’m pretty darn sure she went by two different names over a span of time. But I’ll stand corrected that she wasn’t Truth Dancer.

Aging brain. Long time ago.

I think there was a gal that went by Serenity on the boards (The Foyer?) around that time too. A lot of folks back then. You have to wonder how many of them are still around.

Beastie’s other name will come to me as I’m driving down the road a week from now. 😉

Regards,
MG
NorthboundZax
Nursery

Post by NorthboundZax »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:01 pm
I remember Truth Dancer and Harmony from NOM Board also, if I’m not mistaken. So if Beastie wasn’t Truth Dancer…who was she? I’m pretty darn sure she went by two different names over a span of time. But I’ll stand corrected that she wasn’t Truth Dancer.
Trixie on ZLMB and I think SevenOfNiine somewhere
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

NorthboundZax wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:20 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:01 pm
Northbound, both of those names tripped a forgotten corner of my memory. I am pretty sure Seven of Nine is same person as Beastie but I would not swear to it. Memory is vague about the name Trixie.
Analytics
Elder

Post by Analytics »

huckelberry wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:32 pm
NorthboundZax wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:20 pm

Northbound, both of those names tripped a forgotten corner of my memory. I am pretty sure Seven of Nine is same person as Beastie but I would not swear to it. Memory is vague about the name Trixie.
I’m quite sure that before her deep dive into Mesoamerican history, Beastie was Trixie. Not sure about SevenOfNiine.
hauslern
Bishop

Post by hauslern »

I found this from her pages on the horse "While, at times, Book of Mormon scholars claim that the damp Mesoamerican climate and the acidic soil explain why there could have been horses who left no remains, (see “Horses in the Book of Mormon”, a FARMS report), this does not stop them from attempting to locate such evidence, nonetheless. "