Beastie and argument for horses in the Book of Mormon.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
MG 2.0
God

Re: Beastie and argument for horses in the Book of Mormon.

Post by MG 2.0 »

NorthboundZax wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:20 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:01 pm
I remember Truth Dancer and Harmony from NOM Board also, if I’m not mistaken. So if Beastie wasn’t Truth Dancer…who was she? I’m pretty darn sure she went by two different names over a span of time. But I’ll stand corrected that she wasn’t Truth Dancer.
Trixie on ZLMB and I think SevenOfNiine somewhere
Ah yes! I remember both…now.

Thank you!

Regards,
MG
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

hauslern wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:19 pm
I found this from her pages on the horse "While, at times, Book of Mormon scholars claim that the damp Mesoamerican climate and the acidic soil explain why there could have been horses who left no remains, (see “Horses in the Book of Mormon”, a FARMS report), this does not stop them from attempting to locate such evidence, nonetheless. "
:lol: The juxtaposition of completely contrary positions, both argued by mopologists as evidence for the historicity of the Book of Mormon-- that's perfect!
NorthboundZax
Nursery

Post by NorthboundZax »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:37 pm
hauslern wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:19 pm
I found this from her pages on the horse "While, at times, Book of Mormon scholars claim that the damp Mesoamerican climate and the acidic soil explain why there could have been horses who left no remains, (see “Horses in the Book of Mormon”, a FARMS report), this does not stop them from attempting to locate such evidence, nonetheless. "
:lol: The juxtaposition of completely contrary positions, both argued by mopologists as evidence for the historicity of the Book of Mormon-- that's perfect!
Mike Ash's page on horses in the new world that he made for FAIR was taken down some time ago, but can still be found on the wayback machine. It is a gem of cramming as much self-contradictory argumentation together. It always seemed to me a good complement to Beastie's work.
http://www.fairlds.org/Book_of_Mormon/AshHorse/