Don Bradley’s gofundme

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
msnobody
Prophet

Re: Don Bradley’s gofundme

Post by msnobody »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:10 pm
msnobody wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:28 am
Yes! Great idea.

Mr. Nobody leased an EV for a while. The guys at work gave him such a hard time, and especially when he called to say he needed to work from home one day because he forgot to plug in the car.
Mr. Nobody has a real awesome truck, too!
So does the reverend!
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Don Bradley
Star B

Post by Don Bradley »

Awwwwww!

I had no idea this had been posted here.

Looking over the GoFundMe contributions tonight I noticed that there are quite a few new contributions from people whose names I didn't recognize and whom I'm not connected with on Facebook.

The fact that friends here whom I know just by their board usernames have been donating generously explains it!

I feel tremendously grateful to you all for your friendship and support.

As some of you may know, I don't believe in "sides." Anyone who is seeking truth is--so far as I'm concerned--on my side. The fact that differences in religious affiliation do not at all prevent us from being genuine friends with real mutual respect confirms that for me in spades.

I appreciate you, my many friends here. And I will remember that when I was struggling you rallied around me and helped.

If I had realized several years ago, when I was in a difficult marriage and a deep depression, that I had so many true friends, I would have realized that I could reach out.

Recognizing what friends I have, I will never again have to feel that I am alone.

Thank you.

Don
"People can find meaninglessness in just about anything if they convince themselves that there is no meaning in that thing." - The Rev. Dr. Lumen Kishkumen
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Post by Morley »

You're a class act, Don.
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

Don Bradley wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:56 am
Awwwwww!

I had no idea this had been posted here.

Looking over the GoFundMe contributions tonight I noticed that there are quite a few new contributions from people whose names I didn't recognize and whom I'm not connected with on Facebook.

The fact that friends here whom I know just by their board usernames have been donating generously explains it!

I feel tremendously grateful to you all for your friendship and support.

As some of you may know, I don't believe in "sides." Anyone who is seeking truth is--so far as I'm concerned--on my side. The fact that differences in religious affiliation do not at all prevent us from being genuine friends with real mutual respect confirms that for me in spades.

I appreciate you, my many friends here. And I will remember that when I was struggling you rallied around me and helped.

If I had realized several years ago, when I was in a difficult marriage and a deep depression, that I had so many true friends, I would have realized that I could reach out.

Recognizing what friends I have, I will never again have to feel that I am alone.

Thank you.

Don
Never alone. We were shooting for a Tesla.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

msnobody wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:01 am
So does the reverend!
My favorite vehicle EVER. It took me too long to get one.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Don Bradley
Star B

Post by Don Bradley »

It occurs to me that to allay any privacy concerns I should clarify that I can't tell for sure that any particular contributor to the fundraiser is from the board, and even if I could, I wouldn't be able to identify who they were. Rather, the string of donations and their timing--right after my GoFundMe was posted here--just suggest that many of you have been giving!

That people I haven't met in real life would give to help moves me to the core. Gifts of any size move me and are so appreciated. But I've been particularly surprised by the generosity of the string of gifts that appears to be associated with this board. They range from $20 to $200, with several of $100. And there was a gift this morning, possibly associated with this board, of $1000! :o :shock:

I am bowled over by the goodness and generosity of others. I have always believed that people are basically good, and my own experience confirms that belief marvelously.

Thank you again!

Don
"People can find meaninglessness in just about anything if they convince themselves that there is no meaning in that thing." - The Rev. Dr. Lumen Kishkumen
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Don, you are a good man. Keep up the good work!
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

We have had many heated discussions but I echo everyone here you are a genuine individual and I feel my life is enhanced by your interactions.