Don Bradley’s gofundme

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Don Bradley’s gofundme

Post by drumdude »

I know he’s a well liked guy around here, and he’s made a lot of thoughtful posts on the forum and elsewhere. So figured I would join DCP in letting people know about it, if they feel inclined to help a friend out:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-me-rock ... fcar-dying
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: Don Bradley’s gofundme

Post by Dr. Shades »

Thanks, drumdude.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
yellowstone123
1st Counselor

Post by yellowstone123 »

thanks, Don needs his Prius but I had a big problem with g0 fundme, in the past but Don needs a used Prius. We need to make sure he gets his Prius.
“one of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

Thanks, for the link, Drumdude. I can’t think of a nicer person to help out. Maybe he’ll take us all for a spin.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Screw the Prius! Let’s help Don get a Tesla!
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Don gets after it. Good cause.
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

I just can't get over why the church can't help out some of their most vigorous defenders. Don has done so much to be an example of returning to the fold yet he has to resort to this just to survive. Don is not incapable of self reliance which seems to be the excuse for never helping the needy. To me this is a historical travesty.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Rivendale wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:41 pm
I just can't get over why the church can't help out some of their most vigorous defenders. Don has done so much to be an example of returning to the fold yet he has to resort to this just to survive. Don is not incapable of self reliance which seems to be the excuse for never helping the needy. To me this is a historical travesty.
A missionary on Reddit recently said the mission was “helping the poor” by guiding them to public resources, not opening the bishops storehouse. It broke his shelf. 200 billion dollars and they’re giving out the bare minimum.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

drumdude wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:41 pm
Rivendale wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:41 pm
A missionary on Reddit recently said the mission was “helping the poor” by guiding them to public resources, not opening the bishops storehouse. It broke his shelf. 200 billion dollars and they’re giving out the bare minimum.
Well, in all fairness to the Church, their rainy day fund hasn't even reached a trillion yet. Do these poor people think the Church is made of money or something?
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:25 pm
drumdude wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:41 pm
Well, in all fairness to the Church, their rainy day fund hasn't even reached a trillion yet. Do these poor people think the Church is made of money or something?
Arguably one the the premier historical researchers in favor of the church. And they condition him to know they will be of no help. And it isn't just him. I see it all around my community where faithful people are dying and have these go fund me accounts. Shame on you.