A Darkness Settles Over "6 Days in August"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
I Have Questions
1st Counselor

Re: A Darkness Settles Over "6 Days in August"

Post by I Have Questions »

drumdude wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:45 pm
“DP” wrote: STW: "Daniel do you have any updates on Six Days? Are you still hopeful for a theatrical release this summer?"

We've done roughly 90% of the filming. Maybe more. But a big and complicated scene -- the opening scene, in fact -- remains to be done. We have it set up for late April. That will happen, for several specific reasons, in Tennessee.
Candidly, I always thought Summer 2024 was highly optimistic. Everything would have to go absolutely perfectly. I don't think that we'll be finished with it by then. We'll see, though. I would think late 2024 would be more reasonable. And, if it comes to that, we might opt for Spring 2025. Don't take any of this as written in stone, though.
A late release in the year is actually better for the Oscar potential. Keeps the film fresh in those critical voting members of the Academy’s minds.

Another area where we just keep maligning and mocking DP unjustly. We will surely be eating crow when this wins Best Picture and doesn’t go straight to home video and the local ward VHS library like many predicted.
My understanding is that film companies tend to shoot the more complicated scenes first. It prevents anxiety within the group and ensures you have the team at peak energy, rather than at the end when people are burnt out. Sort of like getting those hard work tasks done early in the day so you’re not worrying about them.
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

I Have Questions wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:45 pm
msnobody wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:49 am
What was the name of the first one, then. Maybe that’s the one I’m thinking about.
Witnesses?
Same question, can you watch that one somewhere at no charge?
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

msnobody wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:08 am
I Have Questions wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:45 pm
Witnesses?
No, Daniel has money to make and can’t just let anyone watch it for free. It’s not like this is a movie about Jesus.
I Have Questions
1st Counselor

drumdude wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 am
msnobody wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:08 am

No, Daniel has money to make and can’t just let anyone watch it for free. It’s not like this is a movie about Jesus.
Conversely, he has also said it’s NOT about the money, the intention was always for as many people to see it as possible. Which is odd, as making it freely available via You Tube would serve that purpose but alas, he hasn’t chosen to do that. Why not?
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

I Have Questions wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:25 pm
drumdude wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 am

Conversely, he has also said it’s NOT about the money, the intention was always for as many people to see it as possible. Which is odd, as making it freely available via You Tube would serve that purpose but alas, he hasn’t chosen to do that. Why not?
Very good question. What would the savior do?
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Over Phoebe’s right should there is a man wearing a sweatshirt and baseball cap. I guess we can all be thankful that he is not riding a lawnmower.

Man, I hope this scene makes the Final Cut.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

yeah but he's talking on a cell phone...
Tom
Regional Representative

Post by Tom »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:22 pm

Over Phoebe’s right should there is a man wearing a sweatshirt and baseball cap. I guess we can all be thankful that he is not riding a lawnmower.

I am informed by the film’s producer that the stray man will be brushed out of the scene during the “sweetening” stage of post-production.

Everybody Wang Chung, is Six Days still set for release in late summer? The Relief Society sister in Parowan recently mentioned to me that the Little Old Lady from Pasadena Ward and many of the Relief Society sister’s other elderly friends residing outside of Utah have booked (nonrefundable) plane tickets to SLC in August to see the movie. They’re excited to see a faith-promoting “talkie.”
“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

I can’t wait to see this in 4K Dolby Atmos 3D HFR with D-Box and HDR500. It’s going to blow audiences away!
I Have Questions
1st Counselor

Tom wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:13 am
Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:22 pm

I am informed by the film’s producer that the stray man will be brushed out of the scene during the “sweetening” stage of post-production.

Everybody Wang Chung, is Six Days still set for release in late summer? The Relief Society sister in Parowan recently mentioned to me that the Little Old Lady from Pasadena Ward and many of the Relief Society sister’s other elderly friends residing outside of Utah have booked (nonrefundable) plane tickets to SLC in August to see the movie. They’re excited to see a faith-promoting “talkie.”
The Executive Co-Producer is now saying publicly that he’s hoping to have it out in time for Christmas 2024, but October at the earliest.

It’s remarkable how well groomed everyone was in 1800’s Mormondom.