A Darkness Settles Over "6 Days in August"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Re: A Darkness Settles Over "6 Days in August"

Post by drumdude »

“DP” wrote: STW: "Daniel do you have any updates on Six Days? Are you still hopeful for a theatrical release this summer?"

We've done roughly 90% of the filming. Maybe more. But a big and complicated scene -- the opening scene, in fact -- remains to be done. We have it set up for late April. That will happen, for several specific reasons, in Tennessee.
Candidly, I always thought Summer 2024 was highly optimistic. Everything would have to go absolutely perfectly. I don't think that we'll be finished with it by then. We'll see, though. I would think late 2024 would be more reasonable. And, if it comes to that, we might opt for Spring 2025. Don't take any of this as written in stone, though.
A late release in the year is actually better for the Oscar potential. Keeps the film fresh in those critical voting members of the Academy’s minds.

Another area where we just keep maligning and mocking DP unjustly. We will surely be eating crow when this wins Best Picture and doesn’t go straight to home video and the local ward VHS library like many predicted.
toon
CTR B

Post by toon »

drumdude wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:45 pm
“DP” wrote: STW: "Daniel do you have any updates on Six Days? Are you still hopeful for a theatrical release this summer?"

We've done roughly 90% of the filming. Maybe more. But a big and complicated scene -- the opening scene, in fact -- remains to be done. We have it set up for late April. That will happen, for several specific reasons, in Tennessee.
Candidly, I always thought Summer 2024 was highly optimistic. Everything would have to go absolutely perfectly. I don't think that we'll be finished with it by then. We'll see, though. I would think late 2024 would be more reasonable. And, if it comes to that, we might opt for Spring 2025. Don't take any of this as written in stone, though.
A late release in the year is actually better for the Oscar potential. Keeps the film fresh in those critical voting members of the Academy’s minds.

Another area where we just keep maligning and mocking DP unjustly. We will surely be eating crow when this wins Best Picture and doesn’t go straight to home video and the local ward VHS library like many predicted.
I'm sure he's looking forward to those Oscar after-parties.
I Have Questions
1st Counselor

Post by I Have Questions »

Have we established what the impact of Witnesses was? How many people rejoined the Church? What new historical information has it added to the record? Has anybody converted as a result of seeing it? How many people, in total, saw the film? How many of them weren’t believing Mormons? What was the final cost of the film, and how much did it bring in? What have the producers learned from the first film, that will be applied to the second film? What has the Church said, publicly, about the first film?

How can they run headlong into a second movie, without informing donors of the answers to those questions about the first?
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

I Have Questions wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:28 pm
Have we established what the impact of Witnesses was? How many people rejoined the Church? What new historical information has it added to the record? Has anybody converted as a result of seeing it? How many people, in total, saw the film? How many of them weren’t believing Mormons? What was the final cost of the film, and how much did it bring in? What have the producers learned from the first film, that will be applied to the second film? What has the Church said, publicly, about the first film?

How can they run headlong into a second movie, without informing donors of the answers to those questions about the first?
Well, I mean, following the lead of the brethren's stellar less than honest approach, he could drizzle it out there that many new thousands have now joined the church thanks to his film...
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

Can you now watch Six Days in August online or streaming at no charge?
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
I Have Questions
1st Counselor

msnobody wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:15 am
That’s unlikely as they haven’t finished making it yet…
Tom
Regional Representative

Post by Tom »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:25 am
DCP posted another picture today of Brigham Young. This film is going to be epic. If there was an Academy Award for the most anachronistic hairstyle, 6 Days in August would definitely win.

Is it just me, or are this actor's ridiculous and anachronistic blond highlights going to be a distraction? If I walked by a man with that many highlights, I don't think I could keep myself from laughing out loud. Did DCP think the hair choice for Brigham Young was a good idea?

Speaking of anachronisms, this Brigham Young also looks like he washes and conditions his hair daily. As has been said, everything in this movie looks too clean. I could see the actor recreate the 1980s Pantene commercial: “Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful.”
“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

I Have Questions wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:59 am
msnobody wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:15 am
What was the name of the first one, then. Maybe that’s the one I’m thinking about.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
I Have Questions
1st Counselor

msnobody wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:49 am
I Have Questions wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:59 am
What was the name of the first one, then. Maybe that’s the one I’m thinking about.
Witnesses?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

As soon as they get the right weather to shoot that Trouble in River City scene, the rest of the film can begin to come together. Let's hope the kids in that Tennessee Swamprat Ward remember their lines and can start singing on cue.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace